FANDOM

Tupka217

aka Ollie

Global Discussions Moderator Councilor
  • I live in The Netherlands
  • I was born on April 17
  • Bio Hi. I'm Tupka, one of the admins here on the DC Wiki, and more or less in charge of the discussions on this app.
  • [Show More]
A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • My apologies for being a bother, but I have a problem.

I have worked an average of at least 9 hours a day, 7 days a week, for about 3 years, helping to build my community, VS Battles almost from scratch into one of the most popular wikis in all of Fandom.

The last time I checked at SimilarWeb Pro, we had 8.2 million page views and 570000 individual visitors every month.

However, it is increasingly harder to motivate myself into continuing to work this hard for no financial compensation.

As such, this is likely a dumb idea, but nevertheless:

I wonder if you think that it would be acceptable to link to some form of voluntary Patreon or PayPal donation account in our front page, and distribute any funds that we receive among our wiki's staff in order to keep us better motivated in the long run?

Again, sorry about being a bother, and thanks in advance for any help.

Loading editor
  • Since you're an administrator of the DC Wikia, I thought you could help me with something: How does the time pass in the DC Universe? I know the golden age characters were old when they last appeared, but do characters still age? Are the stories set in the year that the comics are published? Thank you for your time

Loading editor
    • View all 5 replies
    • OK, thank you very much for the help. One last thing if I may: Did Wonder Woman still meet Steve Trevor during WWII?

Loading editor
    • No. She hasn't for a long time.

Originally, in their first appearance(s), yes, they met in WWII. But in the Silver Age, her origin was changed and Steve was removed from it. He was just a "guy at work" Diana liked. He also spent half his time in the fridge as he was killed and revived twice.

After the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Steve Trevor was born a week after Pearl Harbor, and he crashlanged in the mid eighties. Wonder Woman was never active in WWII, though John Byrne later created a weird element that said Hippolyta, her mom, was Wonder Woman during World War II. Though not at first: she was actually time traveling there from the 90s. So there was a Wonder Woman, just not the main one.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • It seems that you like DC. Cool! DC is so cool.

Nice to meet you.

Loading editor
  • I recently was in a thread and a guy asked about comicbook website i told him about one and after that i was banned. I dont understand why I was not spamming just trying to pass information along thats all

Loading editor
  • I was reading the thread of Music Video wiki speciality, you mentioned "full video clips uploaded to the site" as not fair use. I was wondering what videos you are referring to as the videos embedded from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and other video web sites.

Loading editor
    • Not embedded, uploaded.

Loading editor
    • The videos are embedded using Fandom's Video Embed Tool. If you try to play the video, you can see it still use the player from where they are hosted, instead of Fandom video player like in Fandom Video Library.

When adding a video to a Wiki or a page, this kind of notification can be seen:

Enter the full URL from any of the supported sites. See all

Youtube, Dailymotion, Hulu, and few others are included in the list.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • In the discussion thing earlier could I have help from the Helpers™

Loading editor
  • Ollie Call Jenny Phone Number

Jenny Phone:1(557)393-22619

Loading editor
  • I already did but nothing they said me this: "Have you tried contacting the admins of the community? They know the community, so they are in a much better position than me to be able to help you work this out."

I already contacted Merrystar who gave him the rights, BertH, Mira Laime and Brandon Reha and I don't know what to do?

What should I do?

Regards

Team69Roll

Loading editor
  • You’re one of the most recently active Councilors I found on the ListUsers page. Would you mind answering a few questions about joining it? I’ve already read the Help Page, I’m just wondering if I should be treating this like a job application when I send a request to staff or if I should just make the request as short as possible. I was also wondering about what was specifically looked for in Councilors. Could you help answer these? Or direct me to someone who knows?

Thanks in advance,
    ~Ursuul

Loading editor
    Tupka217
    Tupka217 closed this thread because:
    17:48, December 14, 2016
    • View all 17 replies
    • TheV1ct0ri0u5 wrote: I hate to intrude, however, this argument is unproductive and likely won't change the outcome either way.

If past content on profiles or pages of any form will bring up issues with the application process, Staff will likely clarify and/or question such cases. I think you'll be fine, though. :)

On another note: Keemstar26, given your history on Wikia, I'm not really sure how much influence or credibility you have in this matter. It seems more like a personal dispute, as you are the only one opposed to Ursuul's potential role on Council.

I'm just letting people know about what ursuul put in his profile.

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:
      Also, don't do that on my wall please.

Apologies, I would not have brought this onto your profile if I had the choice. Please close this thread, I am immensely sorry.

TheV1ct0ri0u5 wrote:
      I hate to intrude, however, this argument is unproductive and likely won't change the outcome either way.

I agree, this thread should close.

TheV1ct0ri0u5 wrote:

If past content on profiles or pages of any form will bring up issues with the application process, Staff will likely clarify and/or question such cases. I think you'll be fine, though. :)

Thanks so much, you don’t know how much of a relief that is.

Loading editor
  • I don't know if you're the right person to go to, but I can't find anyone else. I want to add the Babel boxes feature to my wiki, Future Wiki. I don't know how though, please help.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message