Community Central

Tupka217

aka Ollie

Wikia Star
6,549 Edits since joining this wiki
July 10, 2012
  • I live in The Netherlands
  Loading editor
  • Is this part of Wikia or a complete rip off of it? One of my admin friends brought this up and I didn't have the awnswer for him

http://www.wikiaglobal.com/

Loading editor
  • Your reading skills aren't sharp enough, I wonder why.

Loading editor
    Josephyr
    Josephyr closed this thread because:
    Harassment.
    23:45, January 5, 2016
  • How about star wars rebels. Would that be good I mean I am a admin on Star Wars Rebels wiki?

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/User:Maurice.136

Loading editor
  • Thanks for telling me this. My IP when I trolled was 151.54.43.52.

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Hey Tupka. I need your advice here if you could Thread:954041.

Loading editor
    • View all 8 replies
    • I know the feeling. We've been trying to do something about that for ages.

Loading editor
    • Wow. Plain wow. Its like some users have never worked for content in their lives. If Wikia did something about their scrapers inside and outside, maybe the domain would actually rank nearer to Wikipedia (or above for the term <insert-subject-here> "wiki" every time).

If another user wants to commit SEO hara-kiri, that's fine by me. But if you have seen the conversations we have had on their wiki (which I am not opening and will not - its too painful), he clearly knows he's dragging us down with him seeing as our wiki is a young one.

Well played, Wikia. I think someone in some office behind some desk is genuinely under the belief that this situation is a joke. But frankly, I fail to see the punchline.

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Hi there Ollie! I was reading User blog:SpacePucky/Dissatisfaction about Wikia's current actions - an open message from the German Wikia community and came across your comment:

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Feedback (to any company, not just Wikia) is rarely addressed with specific answers (more like "we'll look into it"). And staff doesn't always reply to these kind of blogs (though sometimes, they do).
    Because I personally don't find replying to blog post a easy way to go about it (like there's no notification when you are directly being replied), so I figured I would just talk to you on your wall separately.

There's also the fact that what I'm adding to feels branching off of the actual topic of the blog post. Anyways, I guess I need to start by saying, perhaps I am indeed extremely lucky, that it seems like every time I sent in a request or inquiry about something, I do always eventually get my answer, which is why I have a relatively high opinion about the Staffs and I wouldn't tell anyone to not be optimistic. =]

For example; I had a big issue with the editors for templates suddenly all became the same as ones for .js or .css, I asked about it here; from the response I got (on the same page), I actually honestly didn't think the editor would be reverted back any time soon, but I appreciate that at least I voiced my opinion and they heard it; and what do you know? Although it again came as a surprise to suddenly have to pick "types" for templates, I did essentially got what I wanted, the old editor back.

So yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know sometimes it's frustrating (I fully admit I still feel that way about certain aspect), but it really doesn't hurt to have a little more faith in the Staffs. :3 That's just me. Hope I didn't offend you too much by saying all this.

Loading editor
    • Every time I send in something, I get a reply too - that isn't the issue. And I've met several staffers in person. Twice. I liked all of them.

This wasn't a dig at Wikia, but about people's expectations of feedback in general. Sometimes, things may seem like a very good idea to you (I've had a couple), you send it in, and you get a generic reply, and then nothing. And that's good feedback, not the "I don't like it, change it back" type. It might leave people deflated if they can't see what's being done about it, but that's just how it works. They can't commit to anything.

Loading editor
    • Oh yeah, I didn't think you were being particularly mean or unfair with your statement at all; in fact I think you were being very realistic and it's absolutely true that there's a good possibility that what you said may be the case. (Sorry if that part wasn't clear lol) Just that somehow I guess I got more of an impression to "prepare for the worst", instead of the "let's think about the bright side", which was why I couldn't help but wanting to share the positive part of my experience. Honestly I'm not sure what came over me to HAVE TO write to you about it lol. Sorry if this whole convo seems a bit silly. Bahaha xP Thanks for being patient with me and the reply!!

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • What should I now do with my wiki? Delete it all? Can you tell me what I should do now with my wiki?

Also, I removed all the pages. :)

Loading editor
    • View all 58 replies
    • I think I'll tell Staff to close my wiki. I'm really not interested in it. To loearn more about names I'll read BehindTheNames.com.

(I don't need more replies, I'm finished now)

Loading editor
    • Tupka217 wrote:

FrenchTouch wrote: Tupka is distributing the truth like a minigun distributes freedom;

So... not at all?

Well, depends on the point of view. If I adopt the most popular point of view these days, I think it means “a whole bloody lot.”

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Hi,

Thanks for your unofficial response to my adoption, should I remove the fact about the leaderboard from my request?

Thanks,

Pumpkin pips

Loading editor
  • I wait other admins use restore for me Admin and bureaucrat?

Some days easy? or week?

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • I made this adoption request but it has been a day and no staff responded?

Adoption:Confederacy of Independent Systems Wiki

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki