Wikia Star
6,748 Edits since joining this wiki
July 10, 2012
  • I live in The Netherlands
  • I was born on April 17
  Loading editor
  • hey how are you

Loading editor
  • Pardon the disturbance, but I would appreciate it if you could resolve a minor query of mine.

I will be direct: What are the pre-requisites/parameters to be listed as a Wikia Star member? What are the additional responsibilities and perks?

Kindly reply at your convenience.

Loading editor
  • Well, Tupka, let's talk. I'm contributor to DC Comics Database for some time (2013).  I love DC; I love making edits. I understand that sometimes I did some mistakes, but I always struggled to improve my edits. But seems as You clearly hates me. Several times You have blocked me for nonsense motives. The last block was 6 months ago, and now You blocked me again for a year, without alleging motive. It is clear persecution. I committed no vandalism, and I always tried to improve the articles. 

You have blocked me in a way that I can not even talk in that wikia. Sorry, but You clearly abuses your administrator condition. You can see clearly that I did some of the latest editions of the articles, then it is understood that your claims that "I still do everything wrong" is nonsense. When I do a good edit in a article and it suits You, You just keep quiet and accept. When I make a mistake (unintentional!) You comes and blocks me without warning.

Why, it is not said at the mainpage of dc.wikia "We are the world's largest DC Comics encyclopedia that anyone can edit, hosted by Wikia." Apparently, anyone but me, right? So let's just forget everything; please remove the block.

Loading editor
    • You will not be unblocked.

Blocks don't need a warning. But you were warned. Multiple times. Your entire wall is a giant "Stop doing that". We made it very clear what our issues with your edits. We explained it at length. Yet you consistently do it wrong. That's not "some mistakes".

We don't have unlimited patience, and there was barely any improvement in your edits. It simply does not meet our standards.

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Hi,

I had this question back in May 2014 (on another page) and now I can't figure out the answer again.  The link to wikipedia's article on http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Indigo_of_the_Rainbow_Raiders_%28New_Earth%29?action=edit should go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_%28comics%29 but I just see | Links                   =  in the Editor. Sorry I have to ask again!  Thanks!  Darci (talk) 21:42, February 17, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • You can override the automatic links with the | Wikipedia = parameter. If you add "none", no value will be added.

Loading editor
    • OK, thanks.  It's not quite the way I'd like it to appear, but the piping symbol doesn't seem to work as I'd expect.  (I was trying to use Indigo_(comics)!Indigo ).If you have the time to take a look, I'd appreciate it.  Darci (talk) 02:37, February 18, 2016 (UTC)

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Is this part of Wikia or a complete rip off of it? One of my admin friends brought this up and I didn't have the awnswer for him

http://www.wikiaglobal.com/

Loading editor
  • Your reading skills aren't sharp enough, I wonder why.

Loading editor
    Josephyr
    Josephyr closed this thread because:
    Harassment.
    23:45, January 5, 2016
  • How about star wars rebels. Would that be good I mean I am a admin on Star Wars Rebels wiki?

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/User:Maurice.136

Loading editor
  • Thanks for telling me this. My IP when I trolled was 151.54.43.52.

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Hey Tupka. I need your advice here if you could Thread:954041.

Loading editor
    • View all 8 replies
    • I know the feeling. We've been trying to do something about that for ages.

Loading editor
    • Wow. Plain wow. Its like some users have never worked for content in their lives. If Wikia did something about their scrapers inside and outside, maybe the domain would actually rank nearer to Wikipedia (or above for the term <insert-subject-here> "wiki" every time).

If another user wants to commit SEO hara-kiri, that's fine by me. But if you have seen the conversations we have had on their wiki (which I am not opening and will not - its too painful), he clearly knows he's dragging us down with him seeing as our wiki is a young one.

Well played, Wikia. I think someone in some office behind some desk is genuinely under the belief that this situation is a joke. But frankly, I fail to see the punchline.

Loading editor
        Loading editor
  • Hi there Ollie! I was reading User blog:SpacePucky/Dissatisfaction about Wikia's current actions - an open message from the German Wikia community and came across your comment:

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Feedback (to any company, not just Wikia) is rarely addressed with specific answers (more like "we'll look into it"). And staff doesn't always reply to these kind of blogs (though sometimes, they do).
    Because I personally don't find replying to blog post a easy way to go about it (like there's no notification when you are directly being replied), so I figured I would just talk to you on your wall separately.

There's also the fact that what I'm adding to feels branching off of the actual topic of the blog post. Anyways, I guess I need to start by saying, perhaps I am indeed extremely lucky, that it seems like every time I sent in a request or inquiry about something, I do always eventually get my answer, which is why I have a relatively high opinion about the Staffs and I wouldn't tell anyone to not be optimistic. =]

For example; I had a big issue with the editors for templates suddenly all became the same as ones for .js or .css, I asked about it here; from the response I got (on the same page), I actually honestly didn't think the editor would be reverted back any time soon, but I appreciate that at least I voiced my opinion and they heard it; and what do you know? Although it again came as a surprise to suddenly have to pick "types" for templates, I did essentially got what I wanted, the old editor back.

So yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know sometimes it's frustrating (I fully admit I still feel that way about certain aspect), but it really doesn't hurt to have a little more faith in the Staffs. :3 That's just me. Hope I didn't offend you too much by saying all this.

Loading editor
    • Every time I send in something, I get a reply too - that isn't the issue. And I've met several staffers in person. Twice. I liked all of them.

This wasn't a dig at Wikia, but about people's expectations of feedback in general. Sometimes, things may seem like a very good idea to you (I've had a couple), you send it in, and you get a generic reply, and then nothing. And that's good feedback, not the "I don't like it, change it back" type. It might leave people deflated if they can't see what's being done about it, but that's just how it works. They can't commit to anything.

Loading editor
    • Oh yeah, I didn't think you were being particularly mean or unfair with your statement at all; in fact I think you were being very realistic and it's absolutely true that there's a good possibility that what you said may be the case. (Sorry if that part wasn't clear lol) Just that somehow I guess I got more of an impression to "prepare for the worst", instead of the "let's think about the bright side", which was why I couldn't help but wanting to share the positive part of my experience. Honestly I'm not sure what came over me to HAVE TO write to you about it lol. Sorry if this whole convo seems a bit silly. Bahaha xP Thanks for being patient with me and the reply!!

Loading editor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki