Hi. Would it be possible for the Doctor Who Collectors Wiki again, please. Tardis1963 07:57, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Un Club Penguin Wiki (Club Chicken)Edit
I think it should be a spotlight. We welcome all users (bots too), we have zero uncategorized pages, we have a logo, pictures and links in the main page and 109 articles (105 not counting stubs). We're also friendly to newcomers Dancing Penguin (Talk!) 22:47, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Dancing Penugin. Looking through your short pages, it appears to me you have some 50 or more stubs -- particularly all of the empty date articles. While you appear to have been friendly to newcomers, I also notice that you are not yet the admin and I need the admin's consent for a spotlight and s/he doesn't seem very active on the wiki. Probably as an extension of the not very active admin, there appears to be little cleanup of clearly unrelated articles and contributions. -- Wendy (talk) 16:01, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Excuse Me, but the only admin himself did not do as much edits as DP or the other users. He also blocked us from adopting the wiki by returning there. -Alex001
The RuneScape Clans Wiki has been around since June. We are approaching 200 articles, we use the Monaco skin, we have a logo, we welcome new editors, and we have a categorization system. Our main page also meets the criteria. Thanks for considering us. :)
--Soldier 1033 22:31, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Soldier 1033. Runescape Clans looks like a nice well-organized wiki. However I see lots of unwelcomed contributors, especially anonymous contributors but a few that are logged in, who have not been welcomed over the last week. I also see that you did welcomes before; please make sure that you are welcoming all new contributors. Let me know when you have that caught up and I'll be happy to add you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 16:01, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Should be up-to-date now. Let me know if I missed anyone. -- Soldier 1033 02:23, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
Ghostbusters Wiki Spotlight Edit
I took over Ghostbusters Wiki 2 weeks ago(tho I have posted there since Sept. 08). I have noticed that the wiki could be spotlighted as it seems all the things needed are being followed, and hey I really want others to enjoy the Wiki. I'm ready to deal with the demand a spotlight would detail. So I'm requesting the Ghostbusters Wiki be put on the list. P.S. If approved I'm hoping the ad is something with the text "Who you gonna call?" Ghostbusters Wiki. If art suggestion then go with the no-ghost logo. Thanks! Devilmanozzy 21:49, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Devilmanozzy. You're doing a great job with Ghostbusters wiki and we'll be happy to add you to the spotlight list. Don't forget to welcome anonymous contributors as well as logged in ones! -- Wendy (talk) 04:13, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- We applied for a Wikia spotlight long ago, but we were ignored. Since then, we have grown to have 2,395 with 242 stub and 2153 non-stub articles.
- Our wiki uses Monaco skin by default and also has a logo.
- Our main page is a good map of the site in general and has many helpful links and a few images.
- Pages about the site are strictly categorized neatly and professionally, but unfortunately some the actual content pages currently have no category. We are working on this ASAP.
Thank you for considering Fantendo :) -- Plumber 02:55, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Plumber. Fantendo looks like a very nice wiki and you guys are doing a great job there. However you do have a lot of uncategorized pages (almost a quarter of your pages in fact). Please let me know when you have them all sorted out and I'll be happy to add you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 04:07, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
V.C. Andrews Wiki Spotlight Edit
I would like the V.C. Andrews Wiki to be spotlighted please, I would like more viewers to see my page. The V.C. Andrews Wiki has facts, quotes, page numbers from books, excerts from books, the latest info on V.C. Andrews books, biographies, character biographies and more.Candice Fraser 18:47, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Candice. It looks like you've been working really hard on the V. C. Andrews wiki! There are a few things that you need to do before we can add you to the spotlight list.
- There are about 30 uncategorized pages that need to be sorted out
- There are also roughly 30+ stub articles (1 sentence articles). We need you to reach 100 non-stub articles
- It looks like you are not welcoming anonymous contributors; welcoming all editors to your wiki, logged-in or not is an important step in building the wiki itself.
- Please post back here when you have taken care of these things! -- Wendy (talk) 21:41, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
Land Before Time Wiki (again) Edit
Hi. I was just wondering if wikis have to resubmit themselves to be spotlighted again. Our Wiki  was spotlighted back in 2008, and, if it's necessary, we're submitting again. Aabicus 03:14, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Yes, you have to ask to be re-spotlighted. I have added you back onto the list. -- Wendy (talk) 00:56, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi I'd like to request another Spotlight for the Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki and see if we can attract more editors whilst its the long dark nights and collectors are finding the shed or garage a bit cold for working on there machines, and there are no shows for them to attend.
we now have 650 pages and growing with a similar number of images and hundreds more to upload.
Links to other sites and links back.
But we have a shortage of regular editors, so would like to try to attract some more.
Cheers BulldozerD11 22:59, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Moved to top of page (dident see note and so posted at botom as per normal talk page practice) OOPs!! - BulldozerD11 22:49, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Wendy. Getting a bit behind with the photos to upload (lost my internet connection over Christmas) :(
- Hoping I can get some interest to help fill out some of the stub articles while some of the people are cabined up over winter. Getting a bit of visitor traffic from Forums now. BulldozerD11 01:33, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
Kencyr Wiki Edit
We've now reached 500 articles on the Kencyr Wiki; a lot of stubs, but there's a couple hundred that aren't. We have a logo (albeit temporary; an artist is working on a better), a categorization scheme, a welcome template, and all of that. Not many pictures, but that's hard for a text-fictional-subject wiki. Always in need of more contributors! Let me know if we're up to the standard to spotlight. Thanks, Matthew Jude Brown 07:38, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi -- Kencyr Wiki looks really good, and congrats on reaching 500 articles! I've added you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 18:38, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! And also for the categorization fixes on those few I missed - much appreciated. Matthew Jude Brown 20:55, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
Artemis Fowl Wiki Edit
Aloha from Artemis Fowl Land,
I'm Howdychicken! Can I request that the Artemis Fowl wiki be added to the list for possible upcoming spotlights? I know you all must be busy here at Central Wikia...and so are we at the Artemis Fowl wiki! Well, actually, we could use a boost in extra users, which is why requesting a spotlight seems like such a great idea :oD. We have almost 230 pages, welcome templates, and are working hard on a new logo (just waiting for more users to approve of the design). If we have any serious problems that keep us from being elegible, please...tell all! While becoming a spotlight wiki would be fabulous, advancing the wiki is our first goal. We have no vandalism to my knowledge and the users currently on our wiki make quality edits and love the Arty series of books. TTFN and onward then →!
Love a true Artemis Fowl fanatic,
01:28, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Howdychicken. Artemis Fowl is a great wiki. I have two things I'd need before I can put you on the spotlight list. The first is that you have nearly 100 uncategorized pages (you can see these in the special pages area). Could you find them a home? And the second is that you are not yet an admin, and I'd like to be sure the admins are ok with having the spotlight and handling any extra traffic it might bring. -- Wendy (talk) 18:29, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- I finished categorizing all the pages. That took a while, but it's done! Howdychicken
19:16, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you! We really will appreciate the exposure :oD! Howdychicken
12:58, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
Left Behind Wiki Edit
I just adopted the Left Behind Wiki awhile ago and I am getting it up in tip-top shape. I would like to get the wiki spotlighted and mostly because it is in need of new contributors badly (there is only me and two other guys). The wiki meets all of the requirements, except that it is 26 articles short of meeting the 100 article requirement. I should have all 100 and more once I go and create the articles on our wanted page list. Is there a way that someone can help get set up to be spotlighted while I'm busy creating the pages still required? I already have an image ready and everything.
- Hi -- you need to already have the 100 articles before getting a spotlight; you only have 77 and quite a few of those are 1 sentence, and thus definitely stubs; the guidelines require that you have 100 non-stub content pages. Also about 20 of your existing articles are uncategorized right now. Feel free to ask again when you have addressed these issues. -- Wendy (talk) 18:51, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- I believe these matters have been sorted out: there are now 124 articles, more articles have been catergorized, and we are currently working on extending the stub articles. There is new management at this wiki, but I can still take care of things there. --JewntansOath My talk page / My contributions / Send me an email 16:07, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- That's great that you guys are continuing to improve the wiki, however you still have 20+ uncategorized pages. Also, about 60-70 of your articles are 1-sentence stubs; you can see this in the Short Pages list. So those two areas still need to be worked on before the wiki is given a spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 18:00, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi - I'm glad you got the categories sorted. Let me know when you get a chance to increase the content on the stubs. If you need to find them, I suggest you try the "Short Pages" special page; anything 150 bytes or less is almost certainly a single-sentence article. -- Wendy (talk) 18:28, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I'm the admin at the Coronation Street Wiki, and I would like our Wiki to be considered for Wikia spotlight.
- The wiki uses the Monaco skin as the default.
- Welcome template created.
- The wiki has a log.
- Main page contains links to most important content.
- Wiki has over 100 content pages.
- Category structure has been created.
Thanks. David 13:40, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi David. Coronation Street Wiki looks like it is in good shape. I've added you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 19:51, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
World of Goo Wiki Edit
I am requesting that the wiki I administrate, World of Goo Wiki, be added to the spotlight queue. We have 115 content pages, and could improve upon all of that if we had a stream of new contributors. Baltro (talk) 23:20, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. World of Goo wiki looks like it is in very nice shape. I've added you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 00:26, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki Edit
I'm here to request the spotlighting of the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki. I am an administrator on the site and it meets the requirements for spotlighting. 1. Welcome messages have been established. If I ever need help keeping up with welcoming people, I have friends who would help. 2. We have well over 100 EXCELLENT pages, and the wiki is still growing. I would greatly appreciate the honor. Thank you very much for your consideration. ZEM talk to me! 03:12, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Thomas the Tank Engine is a fun wiki with lots of content, and it's great to see you doing welcomes there. You have about 100 uncategorized pages however; could you find them a home? Let me know when you have taken care of them, and I will be happy to add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 20:22, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Robot Wars Wiki Edit
I, Toon Ganondorf, nominate this wiki for spotlight. We are in great need of more contributors, and have three admins who will be able to counter any vadalism due to being in three different timezones. We are a growing wiki, and need more people. Searching Robot Wars under Google does not bring our wiki up under search results, so I believe that we need as much ways to attract new people as we can. I know that they're around, but they need to find us.
- Hi. It looks like you are doing a nice job on Robot Wars wiki. Unfortunately you do not yet meet the spotlight criteria; notably you have only 66 pages so far. Please ask again when you have met all the criteria, and in the meanwhile you might want to read Raising your wiki's Google ranking for some other ideas on how to advertise your wiki. Good luck! -- Wendy (talk) 20:22, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Spotlight request: 24 is returning to TV in less than a week! Edit
To those concerned, please consider a Spotlight for the 24 Wikia. The show is returning to TV after a considerable hiatus, and we even have a count-down timer on our Main Page for the season premiere. This wiki has long met the requirements for a spotlight, and the growth of our content experienced absolutely no slow-down even though the show was in the off-season. We've got articles for even the most obscure characters, tons of actor pages, and a solid base of contributors to boot. I hope you find the wiki satisfactory for a spotlight. Many people will be Googling stuff about 24 in the upcoming weeks! Blue Rook 00:33, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sorry it took me so long to answer - I didn't see the request at the bottom of the page. Yes, I'll be happy to add 24 Wiki to the list. While I can't say that the spot will be up by tonight, I think it will still be useful over the next few weeks. Please make sure you welcome anonymous contributors as well as logged-in ones! -- Wendy (talk) 14:19, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Apologies I didn't see the notice about the top of the page! I used to always move posts on my talk page up to the top, too, but then recently reversed the practice to conform to what seemed to be the norm in most other places. Ironic, no? Thanks for you help with this! Blue Rook 18:48, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
Children's Books Wiki is devoted to good literature for children from 0-16 years. This is the place to locate new ideas for books for your chldren to read, or books for you to read aloud to your children. Each book has a description, readers' reviews, guidance on content, recommended reading age and links to other similar books.
I believe we qualify for all six practices; we have a welcome template and welcome new users; we use Monaco skin as default; we have two hundred pages; we have a logo and a favicon; and every single page on the wiki is categorised, most pages in at least two categories.
We'd like a spotlight because we have only a couple of regular editors, so we could really do with some new users!
Thanks, Bethel23 20:06, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. The Children's Books Wiki looks like it is in excellent shape, and we'll be happy to add you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:31, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
The Toronto Maple Leafs Wiki is a wiki that attempts to catalog the vast history of the Toronto Maple Leafs NHL franchise, and related organizations. It has grown to over 200 articles currently, and surpasses all six requirements for a Wikia Spotlight, as far as I can tell. It also would further help the very fledgling community grow if it was spotlighted for all of Wikia to see.
- Second. --ChristianShephard 06:58, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
Club Penguin Fanon (former) Edit
Ok we're back and ready for action. We always try to categorize pages and welcome users. Our block and deletion log has been used sparely. We have also replaced Mariothemovie with Explorer 767 as the new webmaster. We voted on it and I feel it's fair because mariothemovie was only making about 10 edits a month and I was running the wiki by myself. We have a stable place and we hope to have Wikia Spotlight. Please. If there is anything wrong just tell me and I can improve it. Thanks. -- Happyface 00:58, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
I am the temporary webmaster of the wiki and I think we're already improving the wiki in the following things: a program was created to unblock users and give them a second chance to edit; a Wall of Fame was created to recognize some of the best users; the users were informed to the fact that they should "learn to be calmer, assume good faith, spread WikiLove and use blocking only as a last resort" (as CatherineMunro said) Dancing Penguin (Talk!)
I am not requesting a spotlight for Liberapedia, I'm just curious if it would be accepted. --Elassint 02:24, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hi -- liberapedia has some uncategorized pages (about 90) and it looks like you aren't welcoming IPs (and have missed a few of the logged-in contributors too). Both of those issues would have to be addressed to be considered for a spotlight.
Skatoony wikia Edit
- Hi -- I appreciate that it's hard to build a wiki by yourself, but you need to meet the criteria before you can have a spotlight, and the big one I see for you is that you need 100 content pages. -- Wendy (talk) 00:57, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
Googology Wiki Edit
- Hi -- Googology looks fine to me. You are also in good shape if you decide you do want a spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 00:57, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. I have a few redlinks to fix, and I'm still cleaning up a few pages and citing sources. But when it's ready, please use the image located at Image:Spotlight.gif on Googology. Its dimensions are 200x75; is that all right? (talk | contribs) 20:19, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, I'm ready now. Please spotlight it. (talk | contribs) 04:37, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
Alien Research WikiEdit
We don't use the Monaco skin as the default, but if you change to Monobook, you'll see why. We have two hundred content pages - and a bonus - most of them are completely referenced, as in they all have legitimate sources. It deserves to be the spotlight...—Darthtyler (Talk) 16:43, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hi -- alien research looks like a nice wiki. We'll be happy to add you to the list. Incidentally, all wikis are on monaco skin now by default; yours is monaco jade. Individuals are still welcome to use monobook. -- Wendy (talk) 19:59, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
Beejaypogime wiki Edit
- Honestly the so called thousand pages of content can't really be considered content. 90% of Beejay's wiki is the hosting of scanalations. It's not original content, and on top of that in multiple ways it's completely illegal (copyvio on the count of scanalation, and the distribution of someone else's copyrighted material without the right to do so). It's also a personal wiki which goes completely against Wikia's purpose. ~NOTASTAFF Daniel Friesen (DanTMan, Nadir Seen Fire) (talk) (tricks) (current topic) Dec 13, 2008 @ 10:02 (UTC)
- Hi -- I can see you've worked hard on your wiki, but I'm concerned that I don't see you welcoming other contributors, and not all of your pages are categorized. Also you have many of your content pages protected at sysop level, which is not a good thing in terms of building a community to which everyone contributes and edits each others' work, and not the sort of thing we want to spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 19:55, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
I am the founder and admin of the Doctor Who Collectors Wiki and I would like to put it up for a wikia spotlight.
- We have a welcome template. All new users get a welcome on their talk page.
- We use the monace skin
- We have well over 100 content pages (nearly 700)
- Also, we have very few stub pages
- We have a logo
- The main page has a few pictures, and links to the main categories
I think the DWCW really needs a wikia spotlight to get new users. Tardis1963 05:57, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hi -- DWCW looks great. I'll add you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 21:29, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
I would like to nominate As the Bell Rings Wiki. I am one of the Bureaucrats at the Wiki. I'm pretty sure that we match much of the requirements:
- The wiki has a Welcome template for logged-in users and anonymous-IPs. Every new user or I.P gets a welcome on their talk page.
- The wiki uses the Monaco skin as the default.
- The wiki should has at least 100 content pages.
- The wiki has a logo.
- The main page of the wiki has one picture, and clear links to the most important content.
Please consider us for the spotlight :).-- CoolPikachu! ( Talk w/ me ) 05:46, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi CoolPikachu. As the Bell Rings Wiki looks like it's in fantastic shape. I'll add you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:25, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
- We've a logo, but actually no favicon.
- Pretty large amount of categories.
- About 331 articles
- Monaco Skin
- Main page with Featured articles, most important links, welcome message and current event in the manga/animes + Picture of the featured article
- Welcome template on almost-all talk pages in recent changes.
Let's talk a little about the Wiki, I'm pretty sure that we match much of the requirements. First, we're, as you understood, a wiki with a pretty large communauty about the Manga/Anime Bleach. There is no real problem at the moment on the wiki ^^. -- Mili-Cien 15:32, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Mili-Cien. Bleach looks like it is growing into a nice wiki. There are a couple of things you need to do to meet all the requirements.
- It's important to welcome all of the contributors; you seem to be doing pretty well at this but you miss the odd one here and there.
- You have 66 uncategorized pages. Can you find a way to put them into categories?
- Please let me know when you have everything categorized! -- Wendy (talk) 19:36, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
I would like to nominate Bully Wiki. I am one of the Bureaucrats at the Wiki. Bully Wiki is about the video game Bully. I believe the Wiki has met all criteria. Dan the Man 1983 06:59, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Dan. Bully looks like a good wiki, and it's great to see you welcoming people. However I notice that you aren't welcoming IPs; please make sure you welcome them as well as logged-in contributors. If you can do that we'll be happy to put you on the list. -- Wendy (talk) 19:22, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- I went through and welcomed IP's that edited there in the past 4 days. I'll be sure to welcome the IP's more in future. Dan the Man 1983 00:09, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- The link to Bully Wiki in the upcoming Wikia spotlight lists is not the right address and does not link to the Wiki.
The game has been released and we have created many new articles regarding the game. Can this wiki be up for the wikia spotlight?
- We have better logo.
- Approximately 100 articles.
- Many new users.
- Customized Monaco skin.
- The main page was designed well.
ShadoW 17:36, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi ShadoW. I can see you are excited about this game, and you've got the wiki looking really good! However there are a few things you still need to work on before you are spotlighted:
- You need to have 100 articles (you are at 84)
- You have a small handful of uncategorized articles that need to be fixed
- I can't see that you are welcoming any of your new users. This is an important step in building a community, and should include both logged-in and IP contributors.
Isn't this wiki already in the wikia spotlight??? 04:30, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
I believe Dead or Alive Wiki has met all the requirements.
- We have a logo
- welcome template
- monaco skin
- pictures in the main page
- and of course, 100 articles.
So, can this wiki be up for wikia spotlight?? And if it does, can I tell the wikia staff to use this image for the wikia spotlight pic??
Squallinoa_08 02:29, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi -- Dead or Alive looks great. Congrats on reaching 100 articles! I'll add you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:49, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- We currently have over four hundred fully categorised articles.
- We have links to all main content on the main page.
- Our Welcome Template is used to welcome all new users.
- Templates are used to categorise articles needing work, or to make a joke.
- Pages in large categories have navigational boxes listing the articles.
14:06, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Pig House. I think UnRuneScape looks like a great wiki to highlight. There are a few (maybe 10 or so) uncategorized articles which I'm sure you can take care of. More importantly, could you make sure a spotlight is ok with your active admins and let me know where they said so? Then I'd be happy to add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 19:50, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
Bloc Spiral FrançaisEdit
Is this also for the French ones? It would be useful to add the wiki to the French spotlights, beacause it's like scratchpad, only in French. (Like the advertising for creating a new wiki) Marta Ägnös (Talk, MUM, LC, DT, Wikia) 19:41, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- By the way, can one of you add the interwiki links? Thanks. Marta Ägnös (Talk, MUM, LC, DT, Wikia) 19:42, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hi -- Bloc Spiral looks brand new -- you only have one article. I think it's a great idea to have a scratchpad in French, but you need to build some content before we spotlight you. -- Wendy (talk) 00:18, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
VexiWiki, the flag and vexillology wiki from Wikia, meets all the requirements, and I'd like to have it spotlighted.
- Our welcome template is used to welcome all new members of VexiWiki, including anonymous IPs.
- The default skin for VexiWiki is the Monaco skin. We've even added a page about the flag of Monaco in honor. Heheh.
- VexiWiki has 326 articles, and 89 of those are stubs, making the total number of non-stub articles 237.
- We've got a logo that works with every available skin.
- Our main page was designed very well; it's simple, and links to the good stuff.
- All articles are categorized as neatly as possible, in a geographically-organized category system.
So can we have the spotlight please? :-) --FlagFreak 15:26, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- Do we have to provide the Wikia Spotlight logo, or will the Wikia staff make it? --FlagFreak 23:51, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks. Please see that they show that VexiWiki is a flag wikia, because many people don't know what vexillography is. ;-) --FlagFreak 19:38, 4 November 2008 (UTC)