Choatiki (The Chaotic Wiki) Edit
It has over 700 articles (all categorized!), A 1 line site notice, main page protected to autoconfirmed. It has the great potential for a spotlight Chaotics Guy 21:17, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hi -- Chaotiki looks like you have been working very hard on it. I see that you have a lot of uncategorized pages; could you please categorize them? Then I'll be happy to add the wiki to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 20:07, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I'm a rollbacker at Zeldapedia, and we'd like to have a spotlight run (the admin approval can be found here). We've got the whole category system down to an art form, a load of content, and we're a "friendly, stable" place. :) Baltro [ talk · edits ] 04:31, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hi -- Zeldapedia looks like a nice wiki and I've added you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 19:45, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Club Penguin Fanon w:c:clubpenguinfanon Edit
Hi! The CPFW is a stable, fun, and entertaining wiki. We have switched to a council, and we now have a congress, for passing bills. Un like the Club Penguin Wiki, we are on-topic. We have over 2,000 articles, and we gain about 50 new pages every month. Also we gained about 10 users in the past month. We're having some trouble with the Un Club Penguin Wiki, because they want us to be advertised, but we took a vote, and we will not advertise. However, they continue to harass us, so we banned all Un-CP links.
We have been a spotlight before, and we were so succesful, we had two other Fanons made. One user proclaimed it was so fun to edit there, he made another Fanon Wiki when he was banned, just so he can experiance the fun again. We are also family-friendly, and we love kids. =D.
We are not anything like our sister wiki, the Club Penguin Wiki. We have more features, and we're on-topic and ready for any vandal attack. Our users are creative and create their own character. We also created a universe that we're proud of, and we make sure that everything fits in. Here are some notes you should see.
- Two Crises
- Both were resolved and did not do severe damage to the wiki
- Approx. 2,000 articles -- three times the amount of articles on the CPW
- Articles are not limited by the real world; they can be about anything in Antarctica that does not violate the Wiki Policies
- Less, but happier, users
- Arguments are less common; if there are any, they usually fizzle out
- Most edits are to the mainspace, templates, and important community projects
- Userboxes hardly exist and are not so common or popular on the wiki
In addition, the CPFW:
- Does not have any sort of court for someone to abuse
- Takes feedback from users
- Has a role-play feature that is only available to fanon wikis
- Is strict with vandals and problem users
Hope we can make it! Oh and if we make it, can our logo be something related to the wiki? Like propellar hats or something. --HappyfaceWantsToTalk 21:34, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Let me correct you Happyface, our Un Club Penguin Wiki didn't harass you, but we thought that since there are many Club Penguin wikis we could share content, users and feedback, but you decided to block anyone who linked to the wiki because it was not "kid-friendly". In result, 3 active users (including me, admin and bcrat there) were blocked. Maybe in August 1 of next year when my block expires we can discuss this. Best wishes. Dancing Penguin (Talk!) 21:52, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Dancing Penguin, before you came back, we were harassed. However, you took it like a man. I salute you! --HappyfaceWantsToTalk 21:55, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
No, cause I'm a man. XD. --HappyfaceWantsToTalk 22:14, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Tep, Un-CP just wanted to be included because you made it a big impotance to advertise all small, dead, and pretty useless CP wikis, and noy us. So we wanted some sort of re-vote on your Congress thing or whatever (that really just complicates everything) and you went crisis mode and power abusing admin totaltarinism and abused your banhammers, and here we are now....--Karazachi التحدث لي لأن انا الرهيبة 19:45, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
Alright, sorry for the sarcastic comment, I was just mad, ok? Dancing Penguin
- This type of interaction is exactly the sort of thing that makes the wiki seem unfriendly and unstable for new visitors. I'm sorry but right now I can't approve either of these CP wikis for a spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 19:31, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I'm Dancing Penguin, one of the bureaucrats of the Un Club Penguin Wiki. It's an uncensored wiki that makes fun of the game Club Penguin, in a humorous way, kinda like Uncyclopedia.
We have a "goverment system" that has no real power because our wiki is democratic, but it's just for parody of Club Penguin Fanon's system (we also parodize them). Basically it's just to tell them about their problems or suggestions and their proposal will be voted by the community.
It has over 300 pages, all categorized, a small but devoted community and good pages content. We also have several projects, like featured articles, users of the month, wall of fame, article deletion center, adminship requests and edit count.
This is why I think we should have a spotlight. Signed,
- The type of interaction above is exactly the sort of thing that makes a wiki seem unfriendly and unstable for new visitors. I'm sorry but right now I can't approve either of these CP wikis for a spotlight. -- Wendy (talk) 19:31, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I am Solar Dragon, an admin on the Top Trumps wiki. I think that the wiki really needs more users as there have only been 3 or 4 active users over the couple of years it has been around for. It has got over 400 pages which is good for 3 or 4 users. I think that the wiki meets the standard. Solar Dragon (Talk) 13:39, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Top Trumps Wiki looks like a fun place and you have all obviously worked hard on the content. There are about 70 uncategorized pages; could you please categorize them? Then I'll be happy to add you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:46, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Weather Wiki Edit
I'd like to request a spotlight for the Weather Wiki. We have 395 pages. It would certainly boost our editors. I have made a solemn oath to not abandon this wiki. I adopted it and I have uploaded the logo, it has to do with weather. Theben 07:18, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. It looks like you have been working hard on the weather wiki, building up some good content pages. However, as far as I can tell very few of your pages are categorized, and per the Spotlight Criteria, we need your wiki to have a category structure and every page categorized. Also you would need to drop the edit protection on your main page to allow registered users to edit. Please let me know when you have taken care of these things! -- Wendy (talk) 02:46, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
The Red Coat Wiki Edit
- Hi Rob. I can see you've been working hard on The Red Coat Wiki. However right now the wiki does not meet our Spotlight Criteria. You need to have at least 100 non-stub pages, all categorized, and also to unlock your main page to allow edits by at least logged-in users. Please ask again when you do meet the criteria! -- Wendy (talk) 02:46, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Hello. I'm founder and admin of Digimon Universe Wiki, polish Wikia about Digimons. I would like to request a spotlight. I have very little amount of contributors on the site, so I like to promote it. I hope it qualifies. Thank you. Final_Cannon 14:31, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Haruhi Wiki (2) Edit
Hello, I am an Admin and Bureaucrat at the Haruhi Wiki. I would like to re-request a spotlight for the Haruhi Wiki, our Wiki has its own logo, attracted many users, have more than 100 pages, and more. Here's a link to the Haruhi Wiki. Hopefully everything meets your criteria and hope you select it to be on the Wikia Spotlights. --☆Coolピカチュウ! 23:51, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Haruhi Wiki is in very good shape. I've added it to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 19:02, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
I am the current admin for the Splinter Cell Wiki and I would like to request a spotlight for the wiki. Everything is categorized and we are continueing improving the wiki. Currently there are two admins and a bureaucrat. I believe we have followed everything on the eight best practices. So if there's anything that needs to be change, just ask. -- User: Ruthlessgravity 24:10, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Splinter Cell Wiki looks like it is in nice shape. The one thing I see is that you have about 25 uncategorized pages -- could you please find them a category? Then I'll be happy to add you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 18:57, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
I am a bureaucrat on Primeval Wiki and would like to request a spotlight for the wiki. There are several admins to keep up with monitoring he wiki and all articles are categorized. Eagerly awaiting your response, ZEM talk to me! 05:25, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Zem. Primeval Wiki looks like it is in fairly good shape. The only thing I see is that you have your main page sysop-level protected. Per the guidelines, could you drop the edit protection to only exclude new/unregistered users? If vandalism does become a problem it can be raised again. Let me know when you've dropped the protection and I'll be happy to add you guys to the list! -- Wendy (talk) 18:13, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- I dropped the protection to new and unregistered users. Thanks again. ZEM talk to me! 18:59, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- One more thing, whoever creates the spotlight image, please take a look around and try to find a really cool image to use, 'cause there are some dramatic images on there from the series. Thanks! ZEM talk to me! 19:01, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- I dropped the protection to new and unregistered users. Thanks again. ZEM talk to me! 18:59, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
Silent Hill Wiki Edit
Hey there, I'm an admin over at Silent Hill Wiki and I'd like to make a request for a spotlight. Over the last three months the content on our wiki has expanded greatly and I'd like to share our work with the rest of the community.
We presently meet all criteria for a Spotlight request and it's my hope that a Spotlight will increase user traffic.
Thanks in advance. --TheGoodman 01:05, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Silent Hill Wiki looks great -- I've hadded you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 17:45, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm the Founder of UnAnswers @ Wikia and I'd like to ask for a spotlight :) While I would of course love you to pop by, if you don't mind I'll just quickly run through the list to explain anything I need to and why I feel we are suited for a spotlight.
- I am one of the admins (we call them "sysops") of UnAnswers @ Wikia. I'm the Founder and I have Bureaucrat rights as a result.
- Our site is based on Answers @ Wikia... accordingly we don't have "stubs" per se. We have 260 pages, mostly questions, but also including a few policies and what-not. Our probable equivelant is questions with no answers... we do easily have enough answered questions to qualify, however.
- We have our own logo.
- Main Page is not protected; furthermore it has both the logo and a picture in the Feature section, which is changed regularly not daily, no point having it unless a good few users see it :)
- Categories... this we're good at ;) There is occasionally the case where a question simply doesn't belong in any obvious categories, however both myself and Koisuru are driven by an urge to have everything feel "complete" :)
- We are not currently hosting an election in any type, shape or form. UPDATED 17:38, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
The nearest we have to such is discussing how to personalize the Main Page more, but that has been postponed for the forseeable future.For the Spotlight to have as much of an impact as possible, we have given the site a new skin. We now have an identity, and are ready for business :)
- Our site notice is just approaching not quite two lines in duration.
- While we have discussed getting rid of it as we are very keen on personally welcoming users, the welcome bot is up and running.
So... yeah, sorry about how long this is becoming. One last thing. Angela does disagree with me here, but I personally have faith in our ability to divert some less than genuine questions from Answers @ Wikia, something a spotlight would greatly help with.
As it stands UnAnswers @ Wikia is pretty much ready to go, just needs a larger user base. Thanks for your time, please do let me know if there's anything that needs to be done first, I know we're sort of an unusual wiki since we deal with questions A F K When Needed 19:05, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
I would like to apologize for one thing. Mendel got promoted due to the decision to make the most of the spotlight by having our own identity (skin) so that we get the maximum possible amount of return visitors.
For his convenience, he was promoted to work on the skin. I can assure you that this was a pretty special case, other than him, nobody will get promoted for the forseeable future. I would like to stress that I know Mendel a great deal from another wiki and so I did not "recklessly" promote someone I don't know.
A final thing I'd like to add is that most of the problems I had doing the job myself before stemmed from the inherent differences in the Answers skin (such as the page MediaWiki:Answers.css) and that is why I required so much of his help.
- Hi. I think UnAnswers is in good shape, and thank you for explaining why you added an admin just now; as long as you aren't adding more it should be ok. I've added you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 22:09, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Nomic Wiki Edit
There is not a lot of content, but that is because of the nature of a nomic. Visit the wikipedia page for more info on nomics. Please consider this request, though I know it is unusual. MacMed 01:19, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi MacMed -- it looks like you've worked hard since you adopted the wiki, and I understand that you want to attract players to your game. Unfortunately, we really do need wikis to meet the spotlight criteria before being spotlighted through this request area. -- Wendy (talk) 20:49, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Birds Wiki Edit
Hi, I'm Kingpin13, an admin at the Birds Wiki. We have been spotlighted before, and I think we still meet the criteria. A spotlight will hopefully boast our user count, and the wiki-adopter, Swannie, is also okay with this. Thanks - Kingpin13 at birds, at Wikipedia (talk) 08:47, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Birds Wiki looks like it is in good shape for a 2nd spotlight and I've added you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 20:03, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Sabrina The Teenage Witch Wiki Edit
Hello. I'm Fawhad, founder of the Sabrina The Teenage Witch Wiki. I don't want my wiki on a spotlight just yet ('couse there are a few things that need work), but I would like to know wheter or not it's legible for a spotlight. If you could please tell me what parts need work, I'd really appreciate it, so I can work on those things and apply for a proper spotlight soon. Thanks! :) --Fawhad 05:10, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Fawhad. Your wiki meets all the spotlight requirements; would you like me to add it to the list? -- Wendy (talk) 20:03, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
MySims Wiki Edit
- Hai. :O I'm Blanky! Or BlankyXP. Wutevah. I's an admin of MySims Wiki. I was hopin' that you'd spotlight us or sumthin'. MySims is some kinda...video game. For da Wii and DS. It is a spin-off of the The Sims franchise. It has cutesy chibi peoples. Instead of realistic lookin' ugly people. And it is usually about fixing up towns and stuff, and not sending computer peoples to the bathroom every 5 minutes. You can be an "essence creator" who makes stuff, some guy with a Wand, a person attending parties, and a flippin' racer. In September, you can also be an agent!!! Sounds very amazing, no? And you can make your own Sim!!! Ooooh. So we made a Wiki about the game, since it was so awshum. We only have 3 really active contributors (and they are all admins, includin' me). Although the Wiki's kinda doing fine with only us 3 contributing, it'd be kinda cool to see new peoples coming in and actually helpin'. So we was hopin' you'd accept us for Spotlight. So I tried meetin' your criteria and categorized like, 200 pages...and also, I was not sure on the main page's protection. It used to be admin-locked, but you said you wanted it not protected. I left it at registered/autoconfirmed users only instead. Do I really have to make it so anonymous users be able to edit as well, or is it okay with you with the registered users protection level? I don't really see the point of anyone not part of the admins editin' it...sooo...like...uh, tell us anything you feel uncomfortable about on da Wiki. =' --★ Blanky 01:17, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. MySims Wiki looks like it is in very good shape, and I appreciate that you took the time to read the criteria and work to meet them before asking. You have just a few uncategorized pages left; mostly for the new game. Can you find them a category, and keep an eye on this as the coverage of the new game continues to grow? Let me know when you have taken care of it and I will be happy to add you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 20:07, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Phineas and Ferb Fanon Wiki Edit
- Hi. Phineas and Ferb fanon is looking good and you've obviously worked hard on it. Right now there are about 70 uncategorized pages; could you find them a home? Let me know when you've taken care of them. -- Wendy (talk) 19:36, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Home Wikia Edit
Hi. This wiki was featured once before, but due to technical issues, it only showed up in the new spotlights for about a week. It's got a larger number of stubs than I'd like, but I think it meets the criteria. -- CocoaZen 00:56, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi -- Home Wiki looks really nice and I've added you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 19:36, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
zOMG Wiki Edit
This is a wiki on Gaia Online's open beta mmorpg zOMG! Over 800+ articles and a lot of pictures of almost every monster, npc, item in the game. There's still a lot of information gathering needed and corrections due to the ever changing status of a beta game. However, most of the structure of the wiki is set. --Lord0din69 02:40, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. zOMG Wiki looks like it is in good shape and you have been working hard on it. I've added you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 16:54, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Neopets Guild Wiki Edit
We have 840+ pages. I am the one who adopted the wiki. I am the third most top contributer. We have many active admins. We have been working hard to fix the what was abandoned wiki. We gave it a new skin, adding pictures, band pages, made a Member of the Week poll to allow us to have a grat pride for one another. We would be great for spotlight.--Sonamy4000 22:25, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Sonamy4000. It looks like you have been having a lot of fun with the NeoPets Guild Wiki. It could still use some cleanup before being spotlighted; there are about 130 uncategorized pages; could you find them a home? Also it would be good to add an image to the mainpage; right now you just have a few icons. Let me know when you have taken care of these issues. -- Wendy (talk) 03:58, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Ice Age Wiki Edit
Hi Wikia. I am an admin of Ice Age Wiki (http://iceage.wikia.com/) who would like to request a spotlight for this wiki. The reason I am requesting this is because it is very close to the release of Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs on July 1, and I would like to promote the wiki to fans to contribute and edit it. I know there is only around 50 articles and some stubs but by promoting it, it will attract users to make more articles and the wiki better. I also have some templates, a logo and a built-up main page. If you find the wiki unsuitable for a spotlight, just contact me if you have any suggestions. Cheers!--Karlamon9 05:17, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. I can see you've been working really hard on Ice Age Wiki, and are excited for the new movie. However, you do have to meet the spotlight criteria in order to request a spotlight. In addition to having 100 non-stub pages, you would need to make sure they were all categorized (you have a few uncategorized pages). Your main page should also be unprotected. Please ask again when you meet all the criteria! -- Wendy (talk) 19:09, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Scientists wiki Edit
Hi, i would like to requst a spotlight for scientists wiki. We have created over 200 articles and are growing quick. We are also badly in need of some users. --Luke F 15:47, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi, luke f of scientists wiki here and i would like to requst a spotlight. I've made lots of content but we are in desprate need of some contributors. Here is our url Plz and thanks. --Luke F 15:51, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. It looks like you are working hard on Scientists Wiki. Unfortunately it does not meet the spotlight criteria yet. The main page needs to be unprotected. You also have about 180 uncategorized pages that need to be sorted out. Also, you have at least one link in your sidebar menu that goes to a non-existant page; that sidebar is a really useful navigation tool for visitors, and should direct them to the most important content. Let me know when you have taken care of these things. -- Wendy (talk) 19:09, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey, I would like to request a spotlight for the Haruhi Wiki, our Wiki has an awesome skin and its own logo, plus its attracted many memebers already, our communitys grown quite abit, the main page pretty nice since its been rearranged abit, oh and Im the Sysop there, just incase ya needed ta know. Well please and Thank You!!!^_^ Heres a link to the Wiki incase ya wanna check it out: http://haruhi.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page Falzar300 (Talk) 02:46, 11 June 2009 (UTC)>
- Hi. Haruhi wiki definitely looks good and I can see you've been working hard on it. However you do need to meet the spotlight criteria before I can add you to the spotlight list. In this case it looks like you need to unprotect the main page and you have a few uncategorized pages. However the biggest thing is that you need 100 non-stub content pages. Please ask again when you meet all the criteria! -- Wendy (talk) 19:09, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
I would like the Futurama wiki to get a spotlight as it is expanding slowly and I would like other members to join to make it better. There are a lot of needed tasks to be done on the Wiki and we would like all the help we could get. Solar Dragon (Talk) 15:32, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Futurama Wiki looks really nice; you guys have a great skin! There are a few issues before I can add you to the spotlight list. First your sitenotice is very long; it needs to be 2 lines or shorter. Secondly, your mainpage is really too wide for a 1024px screen - it hangs off the edge by about 150 px; can you make it narrower? You have a small handful of uncategorized pages that should be taken care of as well. Finally, while you have the required 100 non-stub articles, you also have over 500 articles in your stub category; could you maybe reassess whether some of those are really stubs? It really looks a bit offputting to have nearly every page anybody clicks on show a big box which says it's a stub.... Please let me know when you have taken care of these things and I'll be happy to add you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 18:37, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi -- It's good to see people adding content to Wikibarn! However while you have 99 articles, some of them are 1-2 sentence stubs, and we need you to have 100 non-stub articles for a spotlight. Also, over half of them are uncategorized. Please work on increasing the article lengths and categorizing your pages per the spotlight criteria. Let me know when you are done and I will be happy to add your wiki to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 18:37, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
Ace Attorney Wiki Edit
I've been the sole active bureaucrat for the Ace Attorney Wiki for about seven months now. A new game was released about four days ago, and leading up to the game's release, I and others had expanded some articles, and I had done some site promotion (generally by displaying links in forum signatures) as well as providing decent coverage of the events leading up to the game's release. I have virtually no knowledge of Japanese and so my ability to put in new information from the new game would be severely debilitated, thus by promoting the wiki, it was my hope that others would pick up the slack and make the necessary new articles. Maybe expecting an influx of edits not even a week into the release was a bit misguided. I don't know. What matters is that I've now begun pulling out all the stops I can think of, and that's how I learned about the Spotlights feature.
Thus, I would like to request a spotlight for this wiki. Perhaps this should have been done earlier to coincide with the new game's release, but oh, well. As of now we have 239 main namespace articles, 59 of which have been labeled stubs. I'm not sure whether the main page has enough content links or what to go about adding exactly. The sitenotice has four lines, but two are just general information put in a place where they can be seen from anywhere. Even if the wiki isn't suitable for spotlighting, some advice for promoting/improving the wiki (I've read the promotion help pages) would be greatly appreciated. capefeather 03:57, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Ace Attorney Wiki looks good -- you are doing a great job with it. We do need the sitenotice to be less than two lines however. Then I'll be happy to add you guys to the spotlight list. I've asked one of the gaming community helpers to talk to you about other ways you can promote the wiki as well. -- Wendy (talk) 23:25, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. The sitenotice has been shortened to just the message about the new game now. capefeather 01:29, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Dutch Memory alpha - only replaceEdit
We already have a spotlight, but this one is nicer. Because the dutch spotlights can only seen by dutch users, I think it would be unnessary to write add the text: nl.wikia.
--Darth Stefan 08:27, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- HI. I passed your comment/request on to the staff who works with the foreign language wikis the last time you made it; ultimately it is up to them to decide. -- Wendy (talk) 18:32, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Any news so far? --Darth Stefan 20:33, 4 June 2009 (UTC)Darth Stefan
- The nl is actually very useful in telling people there is a Dutch wiki. Although you only see Dutch ones on Dutch wikis, most people in the Netherlands start their Wikia journey on an English wiki. The top 8 landing wikis (the first pages a visitor goes to) for people in the Netherlands are English gaming wikis! The 9th is Dutch RuneScape and the 10th in the English Memory-Alpha.
- Yes I've see that you launched the spotlight, but you've put the wrong link on it. The new spotlight is for START TREK and not for STAR WARS. The wrong is added and direct to the dutch Star Wars wiki. Could you please change this. Thanks! --Darth Stefan 14:22, 3 July 2009 (UTC)Darth Stefan
- OK, that's a bit embarrasing. I managed to confuse Star Trek and Star Wars - that never happened to me before. Fixed both spotlights. --Avatar 04:08, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
The Fairly Odd Parents Wiki Edit
Hello! I am an admin at the Fairly Odd Parents Wiki and I'd like to request that the wiki receive a spotlight. We have more then 300 articles and easy to use templates, and we wish to raise awareness about the wiki. But if you find that our wiki is unsuitable for a spotlight than I respect your decision and we will try to improve the wiki to meet the necessary standards. -The Forgotten Beast 08:03, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. The Fairly Oddparents Wiki looks really nice -- the new skin and logo are great, and I can see you've put a lot of hard work into the wiki. The one thing I see before I can add you to the spotlight list is a fair number of uncategorized pages; could you take care of them please? Let me know when you have and I'll be happy to add you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:25, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Rotation schedule Edit
Would it be possible to post the spotlight rotation schedule, so we known when to expect the "Upcoming Spotlights" to actually get spotlighted? It would also help in timing future spotlight requests in order to coincide the actual spotlighting of the wiki with any particular external real-world event that would be happening. Thanks! -Afker All hail AliceSoft! 00:48, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi! Due to various circumstances, we don't have a set schedule for exactly when a wiki will get a spotlight. However, once approved, your wiki does indeed go on the list for spotlight rotation and will be spotlighted. Since we can't guarantee when that will be, we can't make promises, but feel free to give us a nudge if it hasn't shown up in a month, or if there is a special release-date for your topic that we should know about. -- Wendy (talk) 02:21, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
Mobius Encyclopaedia: The Archie-Sonic WikiEdit
I am the founder of Mobius Encyclopaedia and I'd like to nominate it.
It's a massive reference source for everything in the "Archieverse" continuity (all the Sonic the Hedgehog comics published by Archie in the same universe). It has recently reached over 900 articles. The narrative language and POV makes it very easy to read and follow, and all information is referenced. The site skin reflects the themed colors of Sonic and the site is very easy to navigate through. The main page provides easy directions through all the various categories as well as provides information about the site and how to edit. The 200th issue of Sonic the Hedgehog just came out this month, and with the popularity of the comic increasing, the activity on this wikia has been as well. Thank you for your time and consideration. - Dimitri the Echidna 04:24, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Mobius Encyclopaedia looks like a really nice wiki. However, I notice that you have the main page sysop-level protected, although it was never vandalized before it was protected. Could you please lower the protection level for edits? Then I'll be happy to add you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:21, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
The LOST Wikia currently has over 4,000 articles related to the ABC television series LOST. With the sixth and final season premiering some time in early 2010, an extra influx of users would be useful in the effort to recap and cover the finished fifth season and beyond. The Wikia actively welcomes all new users, and has a specially-designed welcome template to aid that. Our unique main page links to all relevant content on the Wikia, and with the use of specific hub and category pages, all articles are readily available from this page. We also fully utilize the Monaco skin, and have a specially designed skin that reflects the themes and imagery present in LOST. Thank you for your consideration. --Charles (Widmore) In Charge Talk 23:12, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
Second. --ChristianShephard 19:41, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Lost wikia looks like it is in generally good shape, and there are just a few tweaks to meet the spotlight criteria. There are about 20 uncategorized pages - could you categorize them? Also I notice that your main page is sysop level protected and has been since 2006/2007; the last time it was unprotected there was no vandalism at all. Could you please drop the edit protection level? And finally, while you are doing a great job with welcomes, for the spotlight we'd like you to use the automated welcome tool; you can set it to use your custom welcome templates. Let me know when you've taken care of these things and I'll be happy to add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:00, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
Burnopedia, the Burnout WikiEdit
I'm an admin at Burnopedia and would like to request a spotlight for the month of June. Burnout Paradise has an enormous premium DLC pack, Big Surf Island, coming on June 11, and we would like to use this to attract new users to the site. We have 776 articles and a small but active community, but there is still plenty to do. Below are links to the spotlight images, and I would appreciate it if we could be spotlighted. Thanks, Exlonox 15:30, 24 May 2009 (UTC).
- Hi. Burnopedia looks like a nice wiki and it's in pretty good shape. You have a small handful of uncategorized pages -- could you please find them a category? Also your sitenotice is 4 lines on my screen; could you shorten it to 2 lines please? Then I'd be happy to add you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 01:38, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- I shortened the site notice, but don't see any uncategorized pages. Am I missing something? Exlonox 00:20, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Webkinz Wiki Edit
- Hi. Webkinz Wiki still has over 900 uncategorized pages, which need to be categorized before we can add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 20:46, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
Public Domain Super HeroesEdit
I would like to request a spotlight for Public Domain Super Heroes. We are a wiki about comic book characters (mostly Golden Age) that are now in the public domain. We currently have over 200 character articles, and still growing. --Madmikeyd 14:59, 19 May 2009 (UTC)—This unsigned comment is by Madmikeyd (wall • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Hi. Public Domain Super Heroes looks like it is in good shape and I have added you to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 19:30, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Combine OverWiki is ready Edit
Hi, I think we are ready. I just wanted to set up featured articles before anything, which is done. What are the next steps, now? And about the Spotlight banners? Do we have to do them ourselves? Because I started working on it. Klow 22:38, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Can you please unprotect your mainpage? Also, you don't need to make the spotlight image; a staff person will do that. -- Wendy (talk) 19:07, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks to you! But what about the picture(s)? How does the staff know what's best? What picture will be chosen?... Klow 20:44, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Castle Crashers WikiEdit
Hi there. I would like to request a spotlight for the Castle Crashers Wiki. Were nearing 300 articles, but we tend to lack a good number of contributors. I think a spotlight would help us out immensely! Thanks- Aburnett 17:33, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Castle Crashers Wiki is in nice shape and I have added you to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 18:53, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
This is a request to spotlight the Religion Wiki. The Religion Wiki is founded in 2004 and has his ups and downs. Recently we have renewed the layout and added new articles. at the moment we have almost 2.000 articles but we need your help to expand our subjects.
This wiki is for religious people and religious communities of all kinds. We coexist on this wiki.
- Hi. Religion Wiki looks like an interesting place and you have clearly been working hard on it. In order to meet the spotlight criteria you need to have all your pages categorized; you currently have about 550 uncategorized articles. You also have a lot of redlinked categories, many with only 1 article; can you create and/or combine these? Let me know when you have it all sorted out! -- Wendy (talk) 02:55, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Tom Clancy Wiki Spotlight Edit
I'm an administrator on the Tom Clancy Wiki and I'm requesting to have our wiki be placed on the spotlight. You can see our statistics at Special:Statistics. We have two active admins, several pages of filled content (along with a bunch of stubs), a handful of active editors and were really good with categories. Our wiki has the latest features, logo's and a custom skin. We focus on EVERYTHING in the Tom Clancy universe and as so we need more editors to help get all the game/novel/film articles added. Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell all alone have their own wiki's, and we feature content on all of these series, it's going to take more editors to get this done. Thanks and I hope to hear from you. -- SawBucks Talk Contribs 06:01, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Tom Clancy Wiki looks like it is in really good shape. I will add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:44, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, we really appreciate the opportunity. For anyone reading this that knows, will I see our spotlight while on our wiki? Or will I just see new members coming around?.-- SawBucks Talk Contribs 07:03, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Thief Wiki Edit
Eidos Montreal announced on May 11 that they are in pre-production of the fourth installment of the thief series. Big McLargeHuge 04:36, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Thief wiki has a great skin, and seems to have lots of good content. There are, however, about 1000 DromEd subpages that aren't categorized. Could you put them into a category? Then I'd be happy to add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 02:32, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- All uncategorized pages have been taken care of. Does the spotlight image(200x75) need to be any certain file type(gif,png,jpg)?--Sxerks 18:25, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Poetry Wikia Edit
This is a request to spotlight Poetry Wikia. We are a VERY abandoned community at the moment, and we're taking measures to promote traffic. I'm afraid I'm very much on my own right now, so please let me know what needs to be completed before we can receive a spotlight, if anything. Thank you,
~Specter (cow_pi) 19:33, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Poetry wiki looks very interesting. You have some uncategorized pages, and also a slightly difficult category structure that could be worked on. A mainpage image would also be good. -- Wendy (talk) 02:15, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Patapon Wikia Edit
Hello, we have over 20 active contributors, over 100 pages, and our main page also seems to be in order. Reply fast, please and thank you.
yumipon 01:55, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Patapon Wiki has a nice custom skin/logo, and congrats on reaching 100 articles! There are a few things you need to work on before you can be eligible for a spotlight. 1) Most of your content is uncategorized. Could you please create a category structure for your articles, and add category tags to each one? 2) You also seem to have some duplicate articles (eg. "A World of Ooze" and "A world of ooze"; could you please merge/redirect them into one article each? 3) a lot of your articles are still stubs; could you work on adding content so you have 100 non-stub articles? and 4) Is there a graphic or picture you could add to your mainpage? Let me know when you've had a chance to work on some of these issues so you meet the spotlight criteria! -- Wendy (talk) 23:56, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Sonny With a Chance Edit
Hi. I'm the admin over at Sonny With a Chance Wiki and I would like to nominate the wiki. We have 84+ articles, around 10 active users, a custom Monaco skin, pages for every sketch, episode, character, cast/crew member, and every page is categorized. —CakeMistake talk 18:24, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi -- Sonny With a Chance seems like a nice wiki and you guys have clearly been working hard on it. Before you will be ready for a spotlight you need to reach 100 articles that aren't stubs; a fair number of the 84 you have are still 1-sentence. Please let me know when you've had a chance to build up your content some more and I will be happy to add you guys to the spotlight list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:56, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
I would like to request a spotlight for the the Theodore Tugboat wiki, we have a 100+ pages, I am the active admin there and we have a nice mainpage and logo. Please spotlight our wiki. Thanks in advance. ZEM talk to me! 04:39, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Theodore Tugboat looks great. I've added you guys to the list. -- Wendy (talk) 23:56, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Dutch Lostpedia wiki Edit
I created a spotlight for the DUTCH LOSTPEDIA. BTW, could you check the new Dutch Star Trek (Memory Alpha) spotlight. Every time I click the spotlight, I will be directed to the Dutch Star Wars Wiki.
--Darth Stefan 17:02, 6 July 2009 (UTC)Darth Stefan
- Online + fixed. --Avatar 04:27, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
Combine OverWiki? Edit
The other day I saw Combine OverWiki in the upcoming spotlights list without a date, then it disappeared and the spotlight apparently never came. Or did I miss it?... Klow 09:31, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
- Combine OverWiki's spotlight went up around July 28th and is probably no longer up. The dates actually refer to when the request is approved, not when the spotlight is up. -- Wendy (talk) 00:46, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
- You mean the wiki was spotlighted around July 28th?... Klow 06:13, September 14, 2009 (UTC)