Fandom

Community Central

How to hide "recent activity" and "chat" widget on a page?

English

How to hide "recent activity" and "chat" widget on a page?

• So I have been trying to design the main page of our wikia. Rather than working directly on the main page itself, I decided to create a new page in my userspace and experiment there.

However there are these Recent Activity and Chat widget which are taking away a lot of page estate making it harder for me to get a good grasp of how my design looks/will look on main page.

What can I do to get rid of them? I want a blank canvas like how the main page is.

Loading editor
    • Why do you want to get rid of Recent Activity, exactly? It is far more useful to have it on a page than to not.

Loading editor
    • Use this code on your personal CSS:
      .page-User_LinkNotFound_<page name> .WikiaRail {
        display:none;
      }
      .page-User_LinkNotFound_<page name> .WikiaMainContent {
        width:100%;
      }
      Replace <page name> with the title of user subpage - for example, if you would want to remove both of these widgets on User:LinkNotFound/Example then you would replace <page name> with Example. And make sure you apply this code on your personal CSS only, since its wiki-wide use violates Wikia's Terms of Use.
        Loading editor
    • AdorableDarling wrote:

Use this code on your personal CSS:
      .page-User_LinkNotFound_<page name> .WikiaRail {
      }
      .page-User_LinkNotFound_<page name> .WikiaMainContent {
        width:100%;
      }
      Replace <page name> with the title of user subpage - for example, if you would want to remove both of these widgets on User:LinkNotFound/Example then you would replace <page name> with Example. And make sure you apply this code on your personal CSS only, since its wiki-wide use violates Wikia's Terms of Use.

Worked beautifully!! Thanks!!

Loading editor
    • Hate to rehash a really old thread, but is there a way to display the chat but hide the Recent Activity?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021
      Andrewds1021 removed this reply because:
      Incorrect CSS
      19:14, February 7, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • I think I made a mistake. Since you are removing only the activity module, it should be the following.

.page-<page name> .WikiaActivityModule {
      }
        Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      I think I made a mistake. Since you are removing only the activity module, it should be the following.
      .page-<page name> .WikiaActivityModule {
      }

Yeah, that's the ticket there!  Also totally forgot I can use Inspect Element in Firefox to check the item's id and class lol

Loading editor
    • A Fandom user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.