FANDOM

• On my wiki, I have a category called "Guest Hosts."  While editing a page, I accidentally typo'd "Guests Hosts," and now I can't find any way to remove this tag or this category from the wiki.  http://fairpointpodcast.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Guests_Hosts

It says that I am supposed to remove the category tag from all pages in my wiki, but I can't find any way to remove category tags when I try to edit articles on my wiki.  The categories seem to be stuck there once you've saved them.  This is the article that says this:  http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Category#How_to_delete_category_pages  It also says that there should be an option to delete the category page when you're editing, but I cannot find that either.

Loading editor
    • I took a screenshot to show you since it's kind of hard to explain:
      Help finding category

See where the red circles are on the bottom right corner? That's where you can remove categories. I hope that helps!

Loading editor
    • Click the "Edit" button on the article, you aren't using the new VisualEditor (based on the article's history) so on the right side of the edit page you should see a section called "Categories" (if you don't see it you need to uncollapse the side rail by clicking the arrow on the right side of the edit space). In this section, hover over the category and you should see a little trashcan icon appear to the right of the category name. Click it, the category will be deleted, and you can save the page.

Loading editor
    • On my wiki, i deleted some category pages but the tags/titles are still on the pages and i can't find out how to get rid of them help!

Loading editor
    • Parkourmaster2906 wrote:
      On my wiki, i deleted some category pages but the tags/titles are still on the pages and i can't find out how to get rid of them help!

Never mind i figured out how to do it and i finally stopeed being a complete IDIOT.

Loading editor
    • See where the red circles are on the bottom right corner? That's where you can remove categories.

you aren't using the new VisualEditor (based on the article's history), so on the right side of the edit page you should see a section called "Categories"

Ya'll forgot to mention that the category module needs to be ticked in preferences for that to appear. Otherwise, it should just be a hyperlink on the page known as [[Category:whatever]]

I can assume Parkour know this now, though, so yeah.

Loading editor
    • Annabeth and Percy wrote:

I took a screenshot to show you since it's kind of hard to explain:
      Help finding category

See where the red circles are on the bottom right corner? That's where you can remove categories. I hope that helps!

This really help. Thank you!

Loading editor
    • How do you do it on mobile, I am on IPad but can't remove it

Loading editor
    • i use the ipad too. you have to click the classic eidtior and something like this will pop up then you see the red thing on the picture that is circled click that twice than there should be a pencil and a garbage can click on the garbage can the delate the category. 

Hope this help ^^

Help finding category
        Loading editor
    • Kwhel22 wrote: How do you do it on mobile, I am on IPad but can't remove it

If on the simple, mobile skin, you need to click the pencil icon on the last section of the article, and there lists categories. You can add, modify or remove categories over there.

Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote:

Kwhel22 wrote: How do you do it on mobile, I am on IPad but can't remove it

If on the simple, mobile skin, you need to click the pencil icon on the last section of the article, and there lists categories. You can add, modify or remove categories over there.

Do you mean Mercury (the default skin for mobile devices)? I wasn't even aware you could edit using the Mercury skin. Even when viewing using Mercury, I get switched to Oasis (the default skin for non-mobile devices) for editing.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

JustLeafy wrote:

Kwhel22 wrote: How do you do it on mobile, I am on IPad but can't remove it

Do you mean Mercury (the default skin for mobile devices)? I wasn't even aware you could edit using the Mercury skin. Even when viewing using Mercury, I get switched to Oasis (the default skin for non-mobile devices) for editing.

I know it's called Mercury. I just said "simple mobile skin" in case if he didn't know what the skin is called.

Loading editor
    • Well I did thanks! And I am not a he.... I'm a young she....

Loading editor
      Parkourmaster2906 wrote:
      On my wiki, i deleted some category pages but the tags/titles are still on the pages and i can't find out how to get rid of them help!
      Never mind i figured out how to do it and i finally stopeed being a complete IDIOT.

How did you do it?

Loading editor
    • KawaiiLoverboy wrote:
      Parkourmaster2906 wrote:
      Parkourmaster2906 wrote:
      How did you do it?

I used the classic editor

Loading editor
      KawaiiLoverboy wrote:
      Parkourmaster2906 wrote:
      Parkourmaster2906 wrote:
      How did you do it?
      I used the classic editor

How do you remove this tags?

Loading editor
    • Go to the classic editor, then click the category button on the right, hover on a category, then click on the trash can to remove it.

Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote:
      Go to the classic editor, then click the category button on the right, hover on a category, then click on the trash can to remove it.

I meant the categories shown at the bottom of the main page

Loading editor
    • Oh. Well, there is a script in the Dev Wiki called HideMainPageCategories, where I came up with that idea a while ago. It hides the categories in the main page.

Loading editor
    • I'm on Ipad and I want to remove a category from an article, how do I do this?

Loading editor
    • For sure you can do it if using source mode. Just expand the editor's side bar (if it is collapsed), expand the categories section (if it is collapsed), and tap the trash can next to the category you want to remove.

Loading editor
    • Pages can also be added to categories via templates and magic words. If categories do not show up in the article itself, look for these. On rare occasion, a page might be "baked" into a category under-the-hood, for which you have to fill a bug report.

Loading editor
    • You can also delete it from source mode.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message