FANDOM


  • Classicrequesthelp1 Qwertyxp2000 the second

    My Singing Monsters Wiki has this Classic Mode and Source Mode choice of swapping whenever and wherever.

    Classicrequesthelp2 Qwertyxp2000 the second

    Bloons Wiki does not have this Classic Mode and Source Mode choice of swapping whenever and wherever.

    Classicrequesthelp3 Qwertyxp2000 the second

    And worst of all, Community Central does not have this Classic Mode and Source Mode choice of swapping whenever and wherever.

    I am working on a 2014 iMac on OS X Yosemite OS X Mavericks with 1980 x 1080 resolution and I need help with why the option to switch from Classic Mode to Source Mode sometimes disappears with some wikis but appears in some wikis, and how to fix this sort of thing. And I get stuck on that Classic Mode when sometimes I don't want to, and I don't want to go from Visual Mode into Source Mode as it just is too time consuming. I just want the choice of going to Classic Mode and Source Mode whenever and wherever I want to without this issue of not being able to do so or waste time and go to that super slow Visual Mode and go to Source Mode from there to put in source codes stuffs.

    This whole issue of not being able to switch from Classic Mode to Source Mode wherever and whenever first appeared like a week or so ago, and I am sick of not being able to easily switch from Classic Mode to Source Mode wherever and whenever without having to go to that super slow Visual Mode that wastes like 5 minutes of loading times.

      Loading editor
    • I just tried Classic Editor on a couple wikis, including Community Central, and it worked just fine. Though, did you notice in Special:Preferences that it says Classic Editor has (where available) next to it? I don't use it myself, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working for you here if it's working for me. It might a bug for you. You can report it to Staff here with those screenshots.

        Loading editor
    • Annabeth and Percy wrote:
      ... in Special:Preferences that it says Classic Editor has (where available) ...

      Some wikis have requested that RTE (i.e., "classic") editor be disabled. It's available on Community, though.

        Loading editor
    • Saftzie wrote:
      Annabeth and Percy wrote:
      ... in Special:Preferences that it says Classic Editor has (where available) ...
      Some wikis have requested that RTE (i.e., "classic") editor be disabled. It's available on Community, though.


      Neither My Singing Monsters Wiki nor Bloons Wiki disable "classic" though.

        Loading editor
    • Annabeth and Percy wrote:
      I just tried Classic Editor on a couple wikis, including Community Central, and it worked just fine. Though, did you notice in Special:Preferences that it says Classic Editor has (where available) next to it? I don't use it myself, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working for you here if it's working for me. It might a bug for you. You can report it to Staff here with those screenshots.


      Trying and testing...

        Loading editor
    • Qwertyxp2000 the second wrote:
      Annabeth and Percy wrote:
      I just tried Classic Editor on a couple wikis, including Community Central, and it worked just fine. Though, did you notice in Special:Preferences that it says Classic Editor has (where available) next to it? I don't use it myself, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working for you here if it's working for me. It might a bug for you. You can report it to Staff here with those screenshots.

      Trying and testing...

      And good! Thanks for showing how to switch again and again when needed! And plus, I could as well switch again and again to whichever editor whenever and wherever, though I much more prefer Source Mode as I am used to this mode and because Source Mode gives better coding accuracy.

        Loading editor
    • Anotherglitchsourcemode

      But then there is another glitch... Now when I edit Bloons Wiki, this ugly part of the background just overrides the source editor.

        Loading editor
    • Something in your personal CSS is probably causing the issue.

        Loading editor
    • Monochromatic Bunny wrote: Something in your personal CSS is probably causing the issue.

      I can see that, but what can I do to fix it without removing every single personal CSS thing?

        Loading editor
    • Qwertyxp2000 the second wrote:

      Monochromatic Bunny wrote: Something in your personal CSS is probably causing the issue.

      I can see that, but what can I do to fix it without removing every single personal CSS thing?

      And plus, I don't like the new shrunken compressed CSS of the larger font, compressed screen, excessive background with only 1/3 center of actual content, etc., esp. on my big wide iMac.

        Loading editor
    • Qwertyxp2000 the second wrote: I can see that, but what can I do to fix it without removing every single personal CSS thing?

      You put the CSS there, don't you know what it does?

      Your personal CSS is huge, and I don't know what it does and how everything works together. I'm don't think I can help you in this situation. /:

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message