FANDOM

• Aiihuan
    Aiihuan closed this thread because:
    Necroposting.
    04:31, December 30, 2017

I need some help since about a half hour ago, every wikia site other than this one, I will be redirected to

findingresult.com/?pid=9po98wx17&dn=visualdna.com&rpid=9po160yol

This doesn't happen to any other sites on my computer except wikia sites, is it just me or has it happened to others

Loading editor
    • I'm having this too, the full page I want to read loads up and then it just jumps me to the page Scoop21 shared up there. Even pressing back will just jump me forward again. This been happening on my phone too sometimes at least for the past week. It's a little scary to just be sent to somewhere I don't recognize, makes the whole thing feel shady and untrustworthy, even if it's perfectly safe.

Loading editor
    • The url you're going (which is Wikieden) is not the real Fandom site. By comparing Wikieden and Wikia on the urls, you can tell they're different as they have different functions.

Loading editor
    • step 1: go to your preferences and turn off javascript if on and clear out your global.js

step 2: try to go to Wikia site

step 3: if still being redirected log out of your account 

step 4: if still being redirected try a different web browser

step 5: if still being redirected try a different computer (Your library should have one you can use)

if all that failed tell me an example of wikia site that has this behavior.

NOTE: Step 3-5 don't actually fix the problem they just tell me where the problem is, so if have to do step 3 reply in this thread so I can help you further.

Loading editor
    • Miiohau wrote:
      step 1: go to your preferences and turn off javascript if on and clear out your global.js

step 2: try to go to Wikia site

step 5: if still being redirected try a different computer (Your library should have one you can use)

NOTE: Step 3-5 don't actually fix the problem they just tell me where the problem is, so if have to do step 3 reply in this thread so I can help you further.

The problem is is that he's going on the wrong url which redirects to nothing but random links. ".wikia.com" is the accurate url that he should use, not ".wikieden.com".

Loading editor
    • Crazy Muzzarino wrote:
      Miiohau wrote:
      step 1: go to your preferences and turn off javascript if on and clear out your global.jsstep 2: try to go to Wikia site

The problem is is that he's going on the wrong url which redirects to nothing but random links. ".wikia.com" is the accurate url that he should use, not ".wikieden.com".

How do know they going to wikieden.com because:

1: the never gave the urls

2: it's stable whenever they try another site they get redirected to findingresult.com/?pid=9po98wx17&dn=visualdna.com&rpid=9po160yol while wikieden.com will redirect you to random site

3: that wouldn't explain why this site isn't being redirected

But in the interest of testing this possibility here's a link to Community Test Wiki they can try

Loading editor
    • http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gundam_Build_Fighters_Try This is the page I'm trying to go to that's redirecting me to that same site

Loading editor
    • It works for me so not the site itself. Check my first post in this thread for other things you can try.

Loading editor
    • I've also been experiencing this on my phone since a few hours ago, although oddly enough it works perfectly fine on my laptop. It'll stay on for about 3 seconds before redirecting to that same link, and no matter how many times I return to the Wikia page it'll keep redirecting. I haven't changed the url I use at all, so I quite honestly have no idea what could be causing this.

Loading editor
    • @FutureEeveeKing13 are you logged into the same account on both Phone and laptop because if you are it is not related to that account. Which means it has to be something on your phone. Try closing the web browser on the phone and reboot your phone. And I mean close not merely put in the back ground. On an IPhone you double tap the home button. On android there a software button. But either case it will bring up screen with the apps side by side. Swipe the web browser to the top. Then hold the power button on your phone until something like Power off comes up and slide to turn your phone off then press the power button again (It may take a few seconds until something shows up on the screen) that should fix it. If does not the only thing I can think of is that the DNS server your phone is using is poisoned and that can be fixed by connecting your phone to the same wifi as your laptop. 

Loading editor
    • I use the same account and Wi-Fi on my phone as I do my laptop. I've tried rebooting my phone a couple of times but the redirecting keeps happening. I also cleared out my cache on my phone (which I did for my laptop yesterday) but the problem persists. I thought it could be an individual issue until I saw others were experiencing the same exact thing. This wiki is the only one that doesn't redirect me at all.

Loading editor
    • @FutureEeveeKing13 If rebooting doesn't help the only thing I can do is point you at the special contact for bugs or the general contact. Just explain to them what you've told me (With a link to this thread) and hopefully they can help

Loading editor
    • It could just be my phone acting up. If the problem persists in the morning I'll use the contact links. Thank you for the assistance.

Loading editor
    • I was getting redirected too (it just started today and only on Wikia). Turning off Javascript seems to have worked.

Loading editor
    • Read this, I guess?

Loading editor
    • I don't have javascript on, or one of those global.js pages. I could get the page to work in Internet Explorer (though that gave me a different unrelated problem), still not working in Chrome.

Loading editor
    • same :|

Loading editor
    • Turning off JavaScript seems to have made it stop, since turning it back on makes the redirecting start again. From the sound of the blog this may just be a matter of waiting out the problem. We'll see.

Loading editor
    • Ahem.

There was an issue with an analytics tool used on Fandom earlier today which caused this effect for some visitors. VisualDNA (the provider) fixed the issue on their end and we've also disabled it on our end, so this issue should generally be clearing up. Caching may, unfortunately, cause it to linger a little longer for some - please do let us know via Special:Contact/bug if you continue to run into problems.
      ~ Kirkburn

If you didn't read the previous response of mine

Loading editor
    • Well it looks like the redirecting has stopped on my end. It might just be taking longer for others. And I had read the blog post, that's why I assumed it might just take longer for some users. If I misread anything I apologize.

Loading editor
    • I'm using Firefox now and it doesn't affect it

Loading editor
    • yay its fixed :D

Loading editor
    • Phones are still affected

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message