Fandom

Community Central

Admin delete my post without giving a reason

English

Admin delete my post without giving a reason

• Okanaruto999 deleted my post without given a explaination Is this fair? I am being completely honest with my post and he is being bias about my post.isnt wikia a "community"discussion page? And everyone has their freedom of speech? I don't see a reason why my post is deleted since it isn't nonsense.is this a fair use of admin power

Loading editor
    • You singled an admin and criticised them on another community. You left it to us to take, on faith, that this accusation is fair and impartial. Is that a fair exercise of 'free speech'?

I'll go further. Say you are right. How could we "help" you? By nodding our heads and joining in this criticism? I basically see that as passive bashing.

You should consider contacting the admin on their wall and calmly asking why. If they give you an answer that isn't to your satisfaction, reply again to explain your concern.

That's the only response that wouldn't just make the problem worse.

Loading editor
    • 175.156.8.150 wrote: [...] And everyone has their freedom of speech? [...]

Actually, the first ammendment to the US Constitution (which includes freedom of speech) only protects you from persecution by the government, and even then only under certain circumstances.

Loading editor
    • Doesn't really matter if its fair use of admin power or not. If it's their community they make the rules and everybody has to stick to them whether they're fair or not.

Loading editor
    • Except for violations of Wikia policy, a community can set its own standards. I've been a featured writer on Uncyclopedia and an admin of four wikis including Discordian Wiki and SubGenius Wikia Clench. I don't think any of them had a rule that an admin had to explain their reasons. But really most of the time if an admin does delete something it does add a message to the edit history. I will let the person who's violating a policy and needs to have something deleted know why I deleted it, but that's my choice.

I suggest you do what Speedit suggested, nicely ask the admin why. Chewing out an admin is just self-destructive as I learned the hard way. :)

Also mentioning the name of a person you're having a problem with on another wiki on the Community site isn't considered very helpful. Again, please ask the admin why. Nicely.

Loading editor
    • The Necromancer0 wrote: Doesn't really matter if its fair use of admin power or not. If it's their community they make the rules and everybody has to stick to them whether they're fair or not.

It doesn't work that way on all wikis. For one thing on large sites admins often disagree with each other. On the two small wikis where I actively admin, unless it's a violation of Wikia Terms of Use, we make decisions by consensus or vote if we can't come to a consensus. I've let the opinions of non-admins overrule me because I like us to work together as a group. I don't like editing wikis by myself. :)

Loading editor
    • A Fandom user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.