FANDOM

• I'm part of the Arcane Adventures Wiki, and our only Bureaucrat has been abusing his powers to frame others and do what he wants in general.

I've also checked this page for advice and I've already discussed such problems with said bureaucrat, without success, however. I'm wondering if I can get any help from here, and later on I might probably post the vote here as neutral ground.

Thanks.

Loading editor
    • I have seen many similar posts in the past. While I cannot speak towards your specific case, here is what I have gathered from numerous similar threads.

Assuming your side of the story is correct, you should proceed as suggested by the rest of the page you linked to. First, attempt to gather support on the local wiki by creating a thread/discussion/forum post (whichever is used by the local wiki) about the issue that presents your case. If enough other users agree, contact Fandom staff to have them review the situation. If they concur with your conclusion that the bureaucrat should be demoted, they will do so. If this particular bureaucrat uses his/her admin rights to remove the post. Contact Fandom staff so that they can monitor the situation while you create another one. Then proceed as mentioned before.

Loading editor
    • I do understand; however there are a few problems with consulting within the community, one of which being a suspicion that the bureaucrat has created several alternate accounts (not yet confirmed, but obvious enough), and another being biased community members. In the event of which I add evidence to support my claim, the bureaucrat can simply fib justifications.

According to the linked page, if the method of negotiating with the bureaucrat doesn't affect the situation, I am able to ask here, which I'm currently doing. Additionally, I am able to hold a vote here if a neutral ground is needed. However, I'm just unsure when I can hold the vote, and if I can even hold a vote.

Loading editor
    • EndBadwikiasToday wrote:
      I do understand; however there are a few problems with consulting within the community, one of which being a suspicion that the bureaucrat has created several alternate accounts (not yet confirmed, but obvious enough), and another being biased community members. In the event of which I add evidence to support my claim, the bureaucrat can simply fib justifications.

If sockpuppetry is involved, use Special:Contact, not the forums.

Also, be aware that you just accused a wiki's sole bureaucrat of sockpuppetry. I wouldn't be surprised if a retaliation block comes your way.

Loading editor
    • I won't be surprised if that happens. However, the main case is just the bureaucrat's behavior and his abuse of power. If sockpuppetry is involved, then he's violating the rules that he and other administrators set up. Now that I've accused him, a less aggressive approach by the bureaucrat would be to negotiate. I'm just uncertain on what my next moves should be.

Loading editor
    • As per the link you mentioned, you are supposed to talk it out first, which you haven't done yet. Moreover, as far as I know, only 4 people (2 currently blocked for abusing) are opting to challenge the wikia ownership.

Just like you feel that bureaucrat has made alternative accounts, current wikia staff feels the same about you. If you want to hold votes, feel free to do so in forums, I'll highlight the thread for you.

04:58, January 23, 2017 (UTC) Current bureaucrat of that wikia

Loading editor
    • Also, do I have the right to edit post if any false accusations are made towards me? I'll be having images to support my story

Rash20000 (talk) 05:01, January 23, 2017 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Edit post? No, I don't believe so.

Loading editor
    • Rash20000 wrote:
      Also, do I have the right to edit post if any false accusations are made towards me? I'll be having images to support my story

No, you cannot edit other people's posts here, only your own.

Loading editor
    • M67PattonZippo wrote:
      Rash20000 wrote:
      Also, do I have the right to edit post if any false accusations are made towards me? I'll be having images to support my story

No, you cannot edit other people's posts here, only your own.

okay, Thanks. Wouldn't take long to make a new post i guess

Rash20000 (talk) 15:36, January 23, 2017 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • Rash20000 wrote:
      As per the link you mentioned, you are supposed to talk it out first, which you haven't done yet. Moreover, as far as I know, only 4 people (2 currently blocked for abusing) are opting to challenge the wikia ownership.

I have talked it out with you. You sent me a message and I replied with some solutions to resolve things, and you just refuted everything with no sign of trying to improve.

While I have accused you, my suspicions still linger, and so I am looking for a more neutralized ground to prevent bias.

Loading editor
    • EndBadwikiasToday wrote:
      Rash20000 wrote:
      As per the link you mentioned, you are supposed to talk it out first, which you haven't done yet. Moreover, as far as I know, only 4 people (2 currently blocked for abusing) are opting to challenge the wikia ownership.
      I have talked it out with you. You sent me a message and I replied with some solutions to resolve things, and you just refuted everything with no sign of trying to improve.

While I have accused you, my suspicions still linger, and so I am looking for a more neutralized ground to prevent bias.

I really don't recall anything like "Talking it out"... All i recall is me begign you to speak up in discord, and you asking me to make everyone have restricted chats, which i did... :\

Talking about bias, I assume you are afraid of you failing?

Rash20000 (talk) 14:39, January 24, 2017 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • and that should be enough of us fighting here.. I'll be waiting for you to start polls / votes, and expect them to be where this issue originates from. Becase you and I both know, not many people will come here to just express their opinions. And talking about "preventing bias" I can unban sarfa for a day to allow him to take part in vote, and leth;'s ban expires in 4 days.

Rash20000 (talk) 14:58, January 24, 2017 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • big ab00ser

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message