FANDOM

• Hello, I'd like to disable comments on a page on a wiki that I'm an admin on. it is. I'd like to disable comments here because I'm not sure that page actually needs to be commented on. If there is no way to disable comments on pages, please tell me.

Thank you!

Flaming Spirits 00:34, February 19, 2017 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • It is not possible to disable comments for one page. They can either be all turned off or all turned on, but disabled for some and enabled for others.

Loading editor
    • Annabeth and Percy wrote: It is not possible to disable comments for one page. They can either be all turned off or all turned on, but disabled for some and enabled for others.

All right, thank you!

Loading editor
    • You're very welcome.

Loading editor
    • It technically is possible (I've seen a couple wikis do so) though I don't recall if Staff actually allow it.

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote: It technically is possible (I've seen a couple wikis do so) though I don't recall if Staff actually allow it.

That makes sense too.

Loading editor
    • How can I disable all comments?

Loading editor
    • On the wiki where you want to disable article comments, go to Special:WikiFeatures. Scroll down to Article Comments and toggle the switch to Disabled.

Loading editor
    • FireFlows wrote:
      Hello, I'd like to disable comments on a page on a wiki that I'm an admin on. it is. I'd like to disable comments here because I'm not sure that page actually needs to be commented on. If there is no way to disable comments on pages, please tell me.

Thank you!

Flaming Spirits 00:34, February 19, 2017 (UTC)

I think better to talk to support team by using chat option. 

Loading editor
    • This is old. Why are you still responding?

Loading editor
    • Well, I responded because of Dan Zhano McGary. Either way, it is less than a month ago; not that old by typical standards.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Either way, it is less than a month ago; not that old by typical standards.

Take another look at the date. This is from more than a year ago.

Loading editor
    • .page-Lick .session,
      .page-Lick .editarea {
      	display: none;
      }

This snippet from the Minecraft Creepypasta Wiki seems to block out commenting from certain pages (e.g. Lick).

However, I question if it's allowed by FANDOM's Terms of Use. Besides, it would block out all sorts of comments, not just harmful ones; it's not worth a try.

Loading editor
    • FYI, this question has been asked and answered (with CSS hiding solution) a long time ago and Fandom staff have never voiced concern from what I can recall. Since comments can be globally disabled and are not enabled by default, I doubt disabling on a single or multiple pages would be a ToU violation.

Loading editor
    • Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing this up. The code I posted should work. Just replace "Lick" with the intended page(s).

Loading editor
    • FYI, this question has been asked and answered (with CSS hiding solution) a long time ago and Fandom staff have never voiced concern from what I can recall. Since comments can be globally disabled and are not enabled by default, I doubt disabling on a single or multiple pages would be a ToU violation.

Also, to ensure the CSS works on pages with more complicated names, use a CSS inspector on the page to look up the CSS class that starts with page- (class="...page-pagename...") which usually can be found in the <body> tag.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message