FANDOM


  • Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for October 25, 2017:

    • BUGFIX: We will fix an issue that is causing some history pages to show an "Internal error" message when that page had only been edited by anonymous editors.
    • BUGFIX: We have been working on resolving an issue that caused some unexpected changes to theme settings on some wikis (particularly around color choices). Most wikis should be back to normal now, but please do let us know (via Special:Contact/bug) if you're still seeing incorrect theming behavior.
      Loading editor
    • I have a problem with the Admin Dashboard. The "See more stats" link below Quick stats does not link to a stats page, but more specifically the new updated "Insights" page with numbers of pages about unorganized templates and Non-portable infoboxes. You think it would lead to actual stats about views, edits, and new pictures and videos, given the context to the stats on the Admin Dashboard page.

      Welcome to Insights

      Also, I have a problem with the layout of the Insights page on Internet Explorer 11. Can you fix this?

        Loading editor
    • And I'm experiencing issues with the community header when reverting to previous revisions in Special:ThemeDesigner. The issue is fixed when you manually edit the header text, but it's still not completely fixed, because it still causes problems when reverting to an earlier revision. Also the header text hasn't been fixed in Discussions.

        Loading editor
    • @C.Syde65 - thanks, the Discussions wiki name text issue has been reported to the team, and we'll get that fixed. Could you send in a Special:Contact/bug report about the ThemeDesign reversion issue though?

      @Matthew Cenance - pointing to Insights is expected, particularly as there should be a 'popular pages' report there. I believe the layout issue with IE11 is known, though not a current priority since the numbers on that browser are low, particularly among power users. (We'd strongly suggest switching to a more modern browser as this point.)

        Loading editor
    • I have a few more bugs. Sometimes the sidebar news panel shows a title in the format of "insert-title-here" instead of the correct title of "Trending FANDOM Articles". Can you fix that permanently? It has been doing stuff like that for at least a year. And since you've protected the MediaWiki pages from editing by even an administrator, it can't be fixed individually for each wiki. So you need to fix it yourselves. Why are the MediaWiki pages even protected from administrator edits?

        Loading editor
    • Matthew Cenance wrote: I have a few more bugs. Sometimes the sidebar news panel shows a title in the format of "insert-title-here" instead of the correct title of "Trending FANDOM Articles". Can you fix that permanently? It has been doing stuff like that for at least a year. And since you've protected the MediaWiki pages from editing by even an administrator, it can't be fixed individually for each wiki. So you need to fix it yourselves. Why are the MediaWiki pages even protected from administrator edits?

      1. This is to prevent an inconsistent and confusing interface with commonly modified text. I would like to see some MediaWiki pages customizable, but not everything.

      2. You can report this issue at S:C/B.

        Loading editor
    • When you see UI messages showing up as something like "<insert-title-here>" there are generally two possible scenarios:

      • The message is entirely missing from our code
      • The message exists, but did not get loaded correctly

      The second is most likely here, so local message editing wouldn't help - it's something the technical team would need to investigate and fix (and Special:Contact/bug report would certainly be appreciated).

        Loading editor
    • Sometimes the "See more recent activity" button does not appear on the bottom of the Wiki Activity page at all, not even once. For example, on the Crappy Games Wiki you will see the "See more recent activity" link at the bottom of the page, however on Community Central you can't see this at all. This also occurs on other wikis too, so can you fix this?

        Loading editor
    • Matthew Cenance wrote: Sometimes the "See more recent activity" button does not appear on the bottom of the Wiki Activity page at all, not even once.

      I believe this depends on whether or not there's any showable changes left to display for you on WikiActivity. Unlike RecentChanges that shows all history on a wiki, WikiActivity hides many pieces of history such as deleting, uploading, and user avatar changes. Just as if you deleted 500 images, WikiActivity would be blank so if there are a lot of these hidden changes then that could explain why the button doesn't appear.

        Loading editor
    • Kirkburn wrote:
      @C.Syde65 - thanks, the Discussions wiki name text issue has been reported to the team, and we'll get that fixed. Could you send in a Special:Contact/bug report about the ThemeDesign reversion issue though?

      Oh R.I.P., I accidentally sent a bug report regarding the community header in Discussions, instead of a bug report regarding the Theme Designer. That's what comes from being up late. But I'm just sending a bug regarding it now.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message