FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for October 31, 2017:

• KNOWN ISSUE: We are aware that some emails to @wp.pl are being significantly delayed, and are investigating the source of the issue
      Loading editor
    • Update: Due to the All Saints' Day holiday celebration in Poland, there won't be a release on November 1 (Wednesday). The November 2 (Thursday) release is scheduled as normal.

We hope you have a happy, spooky Halloween! 👻

Loading editor
    • I've just realized that the style of the Featured Videos has been changed. There is no loading for the featured videos, the thumbnail has a heavily changed style, the video player has some modifications and the more videos screen has changed.

Also, can the autoplay be like 10 seconds instead of 3 for the featured videos?

Loading editor
    • That sounds like they switched the Featured Video provider from Ooyala to JW Player, why was this never mentioned in technical updates?

Loading editor
    • Technical Updates doesn't have to cover every small detail, and companies usually announce major changes or bugs that affect the end user functionality, rather than backend changes.

I assume the details been left out because it has little impact or because it's still in development - videos still play as they have, and the changes and tweaks are ongoing (or may be different for different users).

Loading editor
    • Honestly, since both Ooyala and JW players are comparably different from each other, it should've been mentioned in the technical updates.

If a smaller feature, such as "removed a border from the comments header", something like that shouldn't be necessarily mentioned in the technical updates.

Personally, the video player modification is actually not a very small detail, but that's how I find it.

Loading editor
    • Hey there - the player changes are happening in stages, as we modify the different video components across the platform, and we'll talk about it more when the entire project is completed.

Loading editor
    • Okay, good to know.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message