FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for November 2, 2017:

• NOTABLE: The edit summary used when performing rollbacks (MediaWiki:Revertpage) will be simplified to avoid situations that result in truncated logs due to long usernames or IP addresses.
      Loading editor
    • Is the fix for list=usercontribs API coming out soon? Several scripts (such as UserTags) are broken because of it.

Loading editor
    • Aye, we really want that fixed ASAP. Rollback shortening is nice also I suppose.

Loading editor
    • I've had some issues with the theme designer not saving the background that was chosen and reverting back to the previous one. It it just me, or is this a FANDOM-wide issue?

Loading editor
    • JK55556 wrote: I've had some issues with the theme designer not saving the background that was chosen and reverting back to the previous one. It it just me, or is this a FANDOM-wide issue?

Please start a different thread about this.

Loading editor
    • Has it been confirmed exactly what the shortened summary will be?

Andrewds1021 wrote:

JK55556 wrote: I've had some issues with the theme designer not saving the background that was chosen and reverting back to the previous one. It it just me, or is this a FANDOM-wide issue?

I don't remember you being in a position to speak in that tone.

Loading editor
    • JK55556 wrote: I've had some issues with the theme designer not saving the background that was chosen and reverting back to the previous one. It it just me, or is this a FANDOM-wide issue?

Hey JK55556 - ThemeDesigner was recently tweaked - other users also noted similar problems. You should send in a bug report via Special:Contact/bug and they can help you out.

Loading editor
    • KockaAdmiralac wrote: Is the fix for list=usercontribs API coming out soon? Several scripts (such as UserTags) are broken because of it.

I don't have an ETA on that yet - but I'll make sure the team are aware that it's actively causing problems.

Loading editor
    • The MediaWiki:Revertpage change is live now - it was updated to match the version used on Wikipedia. This is the updated code it uses:

Reverted edits by [[Special:Contributions/$2|$2]] ([[User talk:$2|talk]]) to last version by $1

Loading editor
    • Could you not get even more space by changing Special:Contributions to Special:Contribs?

Loading editor
    • That was intended, but it looks like that part of the update was skipped - I'll bring it up with the team.

Loading editor
    • the part where "to last revision by $1", there is no link correct? that would make things a bit easier in the summary.

Also, what about just using User:$1 instead of special contributions?

Loading editor
    • A link to the contributions page is much more useful in case of vandals, which is what the rollback button is supposed to be used for.

Loading editor
    • KockaAdmiralac wrote: A link to the contributions page is much more useful in case of vandals, which is what the rollback button is supposed to be used for.

Yeah. I'm not speaking to anyone in particular when I say this next bit, but let us not forget that rollback was never intended to be used for reverting good faith edits, which unfortunately is what some people use it for. It wasn't supposed to be that way, since that's what the undo button is for.

Loading editor
    • Kirkburn wrote: The MediaWiki:Revertpage change is live now - it was updated to match the version used on Wikipedia. This is the updated code it uses:

Reverted edits by [[Special:Contributions/$2|$2]] ([[User talk:$2|talk]]) to last version by $1

This may be awkward for those wikis that have customised their revert summaries, since now they won't be able to trim their summaries down without deleting the system message, which some wikis do not fancy doing.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote: Has it been confirmed exactly what the shortened summary will be?

Andrewds1021 wrote:

JK55556 wrote: I've had some issues with the theme designer not saving the background that was chosen and reverting back to the previous one. It it just me, or is this a FANDOM-wide issue?

I don't remember you being in a position to speak in that tone.

My apologies, it sounded like it was going to turn into a discussion of its own. I was just trying to keep it on-topic. Also, who else gives their own posts a kudo?

Loading editor
    • I've removed it if it bothers you in any way.

I'm not the only one that's up-voted my own message. Some people have done it. I've seen it.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote: I've removed it if it bothers you in any way.

I'm not the only one that's up-voted my own message. Some people have done it. I've seen it.

Was meant to be a genuine question. Let's leave it at that.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote: I've removed it if it bothers you in any way.

I like doing the same, especially in some discussions where I get one or more kudos, just so I can pretend I always have one extra person that agrees with me. :')

Loading editor
    • rss is corrupted. the 1st entry is

This RSS feed URL is deprecated
          This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news [?] 

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message