FANDOM

• Spike144
    Spike144 closed this thread because:
    Original topic solved
    16:57, November 14, 2017

I tried to add an image of "Ninjaagainstfullreds.png" to my personal gallery in my userpage with caption "Uh, why use 2/2 Ninjas in Play With Fire?", but it gives filter error. Can you please modify filter so that this type of random sentence stuff is not triggered if on one's own userpage by that user, and unless user is admin?

Loading editor
    • Oh, so maybe the "Ninjaagainstfullreds" image name is giving this error. But the error kept repeating whenever I edited the gallery not in source mode. What is happening?

Loading editor
    • Yes, the filename was the problem. When you write "Ninja against full reds" as one world, it makes "Ninjaagainstfullreds".

Loading editor
    • Sadly, the abuse filter can't check a filename when a file is being uploaded and named. It can only check it when it is mentioned in a text.

Loading editor
    • Oh... "stfu" was the issue. Maybe it could check whether the string with the "stfu" contains ".png" or any other filename such as "jpg".

Loading editor
    • You could also check for \bstfu\b with a regular expression so it triggers when the thing being checked has "stfu", "omg stfu noob", "stfu.png" but doesn't trigger when it has "Ninjaagainstfullreds"

Loading editor
    • What kind of code could we put in? I won't know until the full code for that stuff is put in.

By the way, where is the best place to get tutorials in Abuse Filter?

Loading editor
    • I don't know what is the current AbuseFilter syntax in your filter but added_lines irlike "\bstfu\b" would check whether "stfu" was in added content.

Qwertyxp2000 the second wrote: By the way, where is the best place to get tutorials in Abuse Filter?

mediawiki.org. That's where I learned it from, at least.

Loading editor
    • So I add added_lines irlike "\bstfu\b" on a new line? And what can I add for testing whether the "stfu" is by itself and not in a string like "ninjaagainstfullreds"?

Loading editor
    • How does your current abuse filter look like (and could you put it on Pastebin or something so you don't have to post swear words on Community Central)?

Loading editor
    • Spike144
      Spike144 removed this reply because:
      Please, don't show the rule on public because vandals could learn to avoid it
      21:40, November 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • And if I show off publicly, then vandals will know how to vandalise and go around that filter to avoid getting autoblocked.

Loading editor
    • To prevent "stfu" from being added using that filter you would just have to change s+t+f+u+ to \bs+t+f+u+\b

Loading editor
    • Qwertyxp2000 the second wrote: And if I show off publicly, then vandals will know how to vandalise and go around that filter to avoid getting autoblocked.

I have removed your message from this discussion because of this reason.

Loading editor
    • That's why I asked for it to be in a Pastebin that you could also set an expiry time on.

Loading editor
    • KockaAdmiralac wrote: To prevent "stfu" from being added using that filter you would just have to change s+t+f+u+ to \bs+t+f+u+\b

Hi, I was trying to make a balance between rules' functionality and readability. Also, I would prefer to keep the rule as it is to prevent phrases such as "stfunoobs". Thanks for the tip anyways.

Loading editor
    • Alright, and no problem.

Loading editor
    • Spike144 wrote:

Qwertyxp2000 the second wrote: And if I show off publicly, then vandals will know how to vandalise and go around that filter to avoid getting autoblocked.

I have removed your message from this discussion because of this reason.

Oh, good point. But I don't know what a Pastebin is.

Loading editor
    • Swear language is not permitted on Community Central, so it would be good indeed to avoid it here even in this context. :)
      For future, you could look into Pastebin or such as Kocka suggested.

Loading editor
    • Oh. You could've given the link.

Loading editor
    • As an off-topic note, can someone please help me with Abuse Filter coding in Thread:1329082?

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message