FANDOM

• I have sent a notice to the Fandom Staff about the staff of the Mass Effect wiki. There is clear favoritsm on that wiki and an admin named Temporaryeditor78 who blocks innocent people with no reason or a false reason. The bureuacrat on that wiki has been told but has not responded to that in 2 months. Most of the staff are either inactive or corrupt. Temoraryeditor78 has broking Wikia Community Guidelines by not being fair not users and blocking people who are putting good edits on to the wiki. The enitre staff on that wiki has been told yet nothing is done. I want people's opinion on this matter.

Loading editor
    • Unfortunately, I don't think he's been breaking any rules - Staff does stresses the fact the admins are allowed to block people for the pettiest and unfair of reasons and there isn't exactly anything you could but talk to the admin and possibly settle this or go to another admin.

Loading editor
    • You can hold a demotion thread with the whole community. Check User blog:Mira Laime/How to Deal With a Bad Bureaucrat for more details.

Loading editor
    • That's the problem me and lot of other users have tried to talk with him yet he either does not respond or responds with a BS explanation to the problem. The other staff on that wiki are anything but helpful. The other admins have been told yet they did nothing. According to Wikia Guidelines an admin should be fair and not block people for no reason. He has blocked people before for war editing yet all those people did not due such thing. War Editing is defined as "an edit war occurs when editors who disagree about the content of a page repeatedly override each other's contributions." yet those people were blocked due to them having their edit reverted by editor78 and he blocked them before an edit war could occur. If nothing can be done than I question the ability to punish officials as either non-existent or very hard to do which seem to be norm in this day and age.

Loading editor
    • ^ In that case, if you feel that the block admin is just a tyrant, follow Annabeth and Percy's post to the Mira Laime blog post regarding a bad bureaucrat to hold a demotion thread. Considering you say that the other admins aren't doing anything else, maybe you should think of extending the demotion thread to include them? I say this if all efforts to not only reason with the bad admin but all other admins are exhausted.

Loading editor
    • I have sent a discussion of demotion for Temporaryeditor78 on the discussion board of that wiki I will report back with the results.

Loading editor
    • Annabeth and Percy wrote:
      You can hold a demotion thread with the whole community. Check User blog:Mira Laime/How to Deal With a Bad Bureaucrat for more details.

I can already tell you that Mira is 100% correct about everything. I've dealt with many staff/volunteers on other sites and this is how most admins/mods usually do get called out (POLITELY!!). Sadly, even if a thread gets made about a real bad staff member or volunteer mod I've always seen that there's more to the story than the OP has let on. If not that, trolling and flamewars usually break out and the thread gets closed/not taken seriously. 

I do agree that user blog is a very good read and a good place to start, though! :)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message