FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for November 21, 2017:

• KNOWN ISSUE: While the Special:ListUsers update is live, occasionally it will display information in the wrong language. We are working to remedy that quickly.
      Loading editor
    • Is the same thing, but with the JSReview rail module also known?

Loading editor
    • Has there been a change to the Wiki Header and button text color? I'm seeing the text as black now and I really do not like it.

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote: Has there been a change to the Wiki Header and button text color? I'm seeing the text as black now and I really do not like it.

I'm not seeing any difference.

Loading editor
    • Yes, there has been a change (or at least I assume that's the related pull request).

Loading editor
    • Yes. It has been changed the way button color and header color of text appeared because before it was inconsistent if header color and button color is the same for some colors. Most Wikis are unaffected but many wikis have changed from black text color to white and vice versa.

Loading editor
    • Anyway it can be changed back? White seems more appropriate to me (black looks more difficult to read, more so for the buttons and it messes with our basic styling).

And I'm not liking this new bug setup where we aren't being notified of styling/class changes.

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote:
      Anyway it can be changed back? White seems more appropriate to me (black looks more difficult to read, more so for the buttons and it messes with our basic styling).

And I'm not liking this new bug setup where we aren't being notified of styling/class changes.

Try to use some personal css to revert it back because sitewidely is banned to be modified the header.

Loading editor
    • HM100 wrote: Try to use some personal css to revert it back because sitewidely is banned to be modified the header.

Personal CSS is not a solution. This change screws up the wiki's styling for no beneficial reason.

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote:

HM100 wrote: Try to use some personal css to revert it back because sitewidely is banned to be modified the header.

Personal CSS is not a solution. This change screws up the wiki's styling for no beneficial reason.

You cannot edit the header with CSS sitewide so no solution can be found now. The solution I give is ToU violation because it edits .wds-community-header. Or change header's color to another red.

Loading editor
    • I shouldn't have even bothered posting here. Sending in feedback is just as useless. I'm truly getting tired of Fandom's ill changes that compromise wiki identities.

Loading editor
    • They not only configured the header settings to have always consistent colors with the buttons if they use the very same colors, but also edited the thereshold. My A Wiki - Techno Wiki with the current state has white color of buttons, text and other wikis like Candy Crush Soda also has white color, making it sometimes unredable. My other wikis with 2018 A Design by me and with light theme, they use black color of buttons/text etc.

Loading editor
    • I think the best solutions are the following:

• Ask the FANDOM staff if the text color in the header and the buttons can be temporarily modified until the bug is fixed.
      • Turn the text into white in your personal CSS, then advise everybody to temporarily add this code in their personal CSS files.
        Loading editor
    • Design Oversight with Header and Link Text Color Change

I'll just post this here to show how clearly this is not an improvement.

Loading editor
    • For my wikis I have now with the 2018 A CSS Sitewide + Personal (In seperate files) and have light theme have no changes in text color in header from black to white otherwise on that wiki I would find alternarive color. Candy Crush Jelly Wiki had white color in the navbar but with that update due to that chosen color has not changed by Admins of that Wikia including me, it turned out black.

Loading editor
    • FANDOM wanted to break color designs lol. Happy to see Community Central wikis are still in white text color

Loading editor
    • I sent in a report under the assumption that this is a bug. I still forgot to ask why the navigation part of the header still isn't centered with the wordmark.

And I forgot to mention that on hover the text is even harder to read (for buttons).

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote:
      I sent in a report under the assumption that this is a bug. I still forgot to ask why the navigation part of the header still isn't centered with the wordmark.

The navigatyion part of the header isn't centered with the wordmar so they can have support for smaller wordmarks. You can use an image editing program to make it centered but it must be 250x65 in size.

Loading editor
    • HM100 wrote: The navigatyion part of the header isn't centered with the wordmar so they can have support for smaller wordmarks. You can use an image editing program to make it centered but it must be 250x65 in size.

LOL, by the same logic users can make smaller wordmarks "bigger" by just adding transparent space.

Really though, if both elements centered on each other size wouldn't matter.

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote:

HM100 wrote: The navigatyion part of the header isn't centered with the wordmar so they can have support for smaller wordmarks. You can use an image editing program to make it centered but it must be 250x65 in size.

LOL, by the same logic users can make smaller wordmarks "bigger" by just adding transparent space.

But wordmark on alvin wiki is 250x65 in size so I don't think you can change the wordmark width any longer. For now, if button color text is white, color lights on hover but if the opposite text color (Black color), button color darkens on hover.

Loading editor
    • Oh, I think you are misunderstanding me. I mean center in the vertical aspect, not horizontal.

Loading editor
    • You need to use an image editing program to make wordmark's height 65px. Thank you!! Hope this helps. But it is 250x65 so you can't do this any longer in height. But the wordmark space is the same as it was in the old header.

Loading editor
    • Centering Wordmark with Navigation

Here's an image showing clearly what I mean. The wordmark is 65px high so I have no idea how that helps. Sure you could keep the max wordmark size and add padding in the image itself, but that's a poor design solution.

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote:
      Centering Wordmark with Navigation
      Here's an image showing clearly what I mean. The wordmark is 65px high so I have no idea how that helps. Sure you could keep the max wordmark size and add padding in the image itself, but that's a poor design solution.

Yes but I'm against using this solution for now.

Loading editor
    • Just a follow-up on the text color change from my report. The change is 100% intentional and isn't a bug. If you have the issue too, Fandom's only advice is to change your styling. Guess I need to get to updating all the colors on the wiki.

Loading editor
    • Thats what I said before.

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote:

Design Oversight with Header and Link Text Color Change

I'll just post this here to show how clearly this is not an improvement.

Oh that. Didn't notice.

Loading editor
    • I'm still not seeing those differences first hand though.

Loading editor
    • The change would have only affected a small number of wikis. The threshold that determines the automatic selection of black or white text shifted slightly, due to a necessary change with the Sass functions used in the code. In most cases, an admin will just have to find a slightly different shade of the same header color. Use the Theme Designer preview function to experiment if you are affected by this.

Loading editor
    • BertH wrote:
      The change would have only affected a small number of wikis. The threshold that determines the automatic selection of black or white text shifted slightly, due to a necessary change with the Sass functions used in the code. In most cases, an admin will just have to find a slightly different shade of the same header color. Use the Theme Designer preview function to experiment if you are affected by this.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Loading editor
    • May I suggest a WDS button changer in ThemeDesigner? The default is blue, (excluding the header, of course) and have to be changed seperately on common/wikia.css. 

Loading editor
    • Robyn Grayson wrote:
      May I suggest a WDS button changer in ThemeDesigner? The default is blue, (excluding the header, of course) and have to be changed seperately on common/wikia.css. 

What do you mean?

Loading editor
    • There also seems to be an issue with the Special:Community on various wikis,

Loading editor
    • There is a button option in the theme designer to change the color of buttons. I am asking if there could be a button to change the colors of the WDS buttons on wikia.

Loading editor
    • Robyn Grayson wrote:
      There is a button option in the theme designer to change the color of buttons. I am asking if there could be a button to change the colors of the WDS buttons on wikia.

You can personally alter them as .page-header .wds-button. If you want all wds-buttons to be edited in the WikiaPage, just use #WikiaPage .wds-button which will affect all portions of WikiaPage including page header. And use !important on color changes on wds-buttons in the rail module if you have any.

Or alter the normal buttons via Sitewidely/Personal CSS and make advantage of use of theme designer for PageHeader .wds-buttons.

Loading editor
    • Well yes I know about that, but I was referring to the non-coders who wished to change the color of the WDS buttons without knowledge of CSS.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message