• Hey team! As a bureaucrat/Admin of a wiki, what are my options to completely disable mobile view, rendering the full site view by default on all devices for all viewers browsing our wiki? I've determined that this is a "must-have" designation on our wiki, given the extensive formatting that we have which only works in the desktop view.

And on a lower level, as a user, what are my options to disable mobile view for myself across all wikis in such a way that it follows my user profile across devices, so that I only see the full site version regardless of device?

I do have JavaScript enabled on the wiki, so if there's an option that lies in there, then that would be stellar as well.

Loading editor
    • Disabling the mobile view is something that almost always cannot happen.

What is the wiki in question, anyway?

Loading editor

Even a method to disable mobile view for specific pages, then I could apply that to a template and paste it on the most problematic pages, would be an acceptable solution as well.

As a prime example of pages that BY DEFAULT have mobile view disabled, I'll direct you to the Special:WikiActivity page of every wikia, including Community Wikia's own WikiActivity page.
      As a second example of pages that by default have mobile view disabled, I'll direct you to none other than this very thread in which you're reading this very post.

Loading editor
    • No, you can't disable the mobile view on your wiki. You should instead make your pages portable so they can be properly viewed through the mobile skin, and there are users that can assist you in doing so. There are also some useful help pages related to it on Help:Mobile and the Portability Hub.

According to Wikia's statistics, more than 50% of page views come from mobile devices.

Loading editor
    • Using a mobile device and using the mobile view are two very different things -_-

I will consider putting up a request for assistance, but I also want to stress that there should be a method to default to full site view for specific pages.

Either way, thank you for your timely response! :)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message