FANDOM

• Having a problem with chat. Every time I enter chat, it always loads the page but doesn't connect to chat and ends up with a blank screen. It'll also sometimes reload the page every few seconds but never connect to chat. I've tried clearing cache/cookies and it didn't work. My browser is Firefox 57.0 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. I have screenshots here:

Chatwont

Chatwont2

Loading editor
    • Is this actually Firefox on win7?

Anyways, try chrome or another browser.

Loading editor
    • Yes it is Win7, it just doesn't really look like it because I'm using the Windows Classic theme with all the special effects disabled.

Internet Explorer does work, but I'd rather not have to open IE every time I want to go to chat.

Loading editor
    • I'm still having this problem after updating Firefox.

Loading editor
    • Have you tried clearing your cache? Existing Cache┬ámay cause problems.

Loading editor
    • Chat works on Firefox 58.0.2 (latest) works on my Win7 64-bit setup. You must have changed a config so it is blocked somehow... do you have a bunch of extensions like adblock or something?

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: Chat works on Firefox 58.0.2 (latest) works on my Win7 64-bit setup. You must have changed a config so it is blocked somehow... do you have a bunch of extensions like adblock or something?

My extensions are uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, Cloud to Butt, and GreaseMonkey.

Loading editor
    • Try turning them off, trying chat, and turn them on one at a time. I'll bet one of them is blocking chat.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message