FANDOM

• Hej,

I have a test wiki for myself where I created an template which I want to use in my Userpage. The problem is that I don't know how to integrate it. Note: The wiki has a german suffix (de) and wiki-site is not a wiki, just an example, like Sitename.

I tried
    {{w:c:de.wiki-site:Sitename}}
    without success.

Thanks.

Loading editor
    • IIRC, embedding templates like that only works if the template is on Community Central. It causes too much strain on the servers if they let people do it from all wikis.

Loading editor
    • So how do I fix it so it works for me?

Loading editor
    • You can create the page Template:User:ThaumicTom here on Community Central and use it on other wikis by doing

{{w:User:ThaumicTom}}
        Loading editor
    • So I have no other choice than this?

Loading editor
    • Nope, unfortunately not.

Loading editor
    • If you try to create an interwiki template, the following error will appear:

[Template fetch failed for //community.wikia.com/wiki/Template:c:pixelgun:Cat1?action=render]

Also, maybe it's just me, but do Community Central templates with parameters fully work?

Loading editor
    • Parameters do not work with global templates.

The general best solution I've seen is to create pages like Template:User:VegaDark/es and add them to Spanish wikis with
      {{w:User:VegaDark/es}}
        Loading editor
    • Parameters work with global templates if you use them as {{raw:w:Your template}} (although I can assume that puts a heavier load on the servers). I've seen some sister wikis use scary transclusion between themselves but I don't think that's an option that can be requested anymore.

Loading editor
    • This is another topic, please create another Thread, so you don't spam my Message Box, thanks.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message