FANDOM

• So I've been looking around for infoboxes and found This one on the alternate history wiki. I set it up for one of the countries on my wiki here and it looks great but I have two questions

1. There are links on all the topics on the infobox (capital, denonym, etc) which I dont want on there. How would I remove them?

2. Is there a way to have lines seperating topics like on wikipedia infoboxes?

Thanks in advance for any help

Loading editor
    • EricJ1 wrote:

1. There are links on all the topics on the infobox (capital, denonym, etc) which I dont want on there. How would I remove them?

Do delete them you would need to delete the appropriate lines of code from the infobox template. Unfortunately, you picked an overly complicated one to copy, so you will have to be careful and experiment. I would recommend making another copy and experiment with it by using it on a sandbox page somewhere.

EricJ1 wrote:

Yes, but there are several ways you could do it. The easiest, but not recommended, is to add inline CSS to the appropriate places in the infobox template. However, although not recommended, it is a good way to prototype the look and then add CSS classes/ids and move the CSS to the site wide CSS page.

If this all sounds complicated, it really isn't as bad as it sounds, but if you know nothing about infobox templates and CSS, there will be a learning curve.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote:

EricJ1 wrote:

Do delete them you would need to delete the appropriate lines of code from the infobox template. Unfortunately, you picked an overly complicated one to copy, so you will have to be careful and experiment. I would recommend making another copy and experiment with it by using it on a sandbox page somewhere.

EricJ1 wrote:

Yes, but there are several ways you could do it. The easiest, but not recommended, is to add inline CSS to the appropriate places in the infobox template. However, although not recommended, it is a good way to prototype the look and then add CSS classes/ids and move the CSS to the site wide CSS page.

If this all sounds complicated, it really isn't as bad as it sounds, but if you know nothing about infobox templates and CSS, there will be a learning curve.

Yea I figured out the links, just went through and deleted the code for them all. Looking at it now, I dont think I need the lins, thanks for the reply though!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message