FANDOM

• So, I have been making no less then 10 verisons of an image I would like to use for a backround on this fanon wiki. But every single file is not working.

I am not really that aware of how many GB/MB that 300 KB are. If that is wrong then let me know. The message I get when uploading the files are "Incorrect File Size". I do not know if im just a d-head and think 300KB is 3MB or if it is something else that I am doing wrong

Also let me know if you want to see the image

boi 16:01, December 19, 2017 (UTC)

Loading editor
    • What's the image? And what software are you using to render it (if any at all)? I use PaintDotNet when I made Wiki BGs and that software allows me to configure the file-size to be under 300kb in case it's to large, at the sake of some drop in quality.

Loading editor
    • V5plswork
      This is the image im trying to upload. I also use Paint.net. I am not sure if the dimensions or file size is wrong tbh :/
        Loading editor
    • The dimensions I normally use are 1485 x 914, not sure if theirs a standard but that works for me.

Well, here's an attempt to scale the image down and size it to being less then 300 kb. Hope it helps.

PVZBG
        Loading editor
    • The background image size can be anything you want. Just be aware that how it displays will depend on each visitor's view window. For future reference 1 GB = 1,024 MB and 1 MB = 1,024 KB. Therefore, the original image with file size 3.77 MB is 3,860 KB (about 13 times the max allowed size) or 0.00368 GB.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      The background image size can be anything you want. Just be aware that how it displays will depend on each visitor's view window. For future reference 1 GB = 1,024 MB and 1 MB = 1,024 KB. Therefore, the original image with file size 3.77 MB is 3,860 KB (about 13 times the max allowed size) or 0.00368 GB.

Ok

So

To sum it up

I am stupid

But thanks the backdrop works now

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message