FANDOM

• Hello!!

Idk if this is the correct place for my question...anyway

I want to make a site by my self from zero and i want to know if there is any plugin or something like that simulate fandom?

Im explain better...i want to construct everything from my site (layout, template etc etc) and here atm im enought good and skilled to make it by my self on fandom!!!!

Im already tryed mediawiki but its different from fandom so im here to ask if there is any chance to have fandom plugin???

if not possible would recommend to me something that is similar to fandom???

Loading editor
    • Fandom uses a lot of custom code. Regardless, the best people to ask would be staff (use Special:Contact/general). I am not sure I understand why you can't just start your own Wikia wiki. Did you want to host it on your own server or something?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Fandom uses a lot of custom code. Regardless, the best people to ask would be staff (use Special:Contact/general). I am not sure I understand why you can't just start your own Wikia wiki. Did you want to host it on your own server or something?

thats right!!!

I want to host on my own site....

I hope did u understand what im asked because english is not my main languages..

Loading editor
    • What exactly do you like here, that doesn't work with MediaWiki proper? You can find the Wikia fork of MediaWiki on GitHub. Neither Wikia (FANDOM) nor MediaWiki are Wordpress plugins, they are in the same league, you can create complete sites with Wordpress.

Loading editor
    • Im already tryed mediawiki but is not like fandom...i want something like fandom....is that possible?

Loading editor
    • To be honest, you would have to develop your own code to create something like FANDOM. FANDOM uses a lot of custom code that integrates MediaWiki within it. The header, footer, chat, discussions, and more have been created by FANDOM to fit its purpose and goal. Even MediaWiki, the platform FANDOM wikis are running off of, has been renovated to match FANDOM's brand, purpose, and goal.

For this reason, there isn't a plugin, theme, or module that matches the FANDOM site because that's their custom coding and personalized user experience. My suggestion is to create a wiki here (where there is more publicity, traffic, SEO, and support), rather than creating it elsewhere where it may be a large workflow and a lot of coding. This will save you a lot of trouble and let you dive right into the features that FANDOM has to offer. :D

Good luck!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message