FANDOM

• AWB Error

Hey there all! I tried to use AWB today, but everytime I specify the site, it gives me this error. I don't know what I do wrong, I have tried inserting every wikia I know with no progress. Thanks.

Loading editor
    • Can you guide me through the process? The way you do it?

Loading editor
    • When you first go onto AWB, go to the bottom right. Click on the part where it says en.wikipedia.org. It will allow you to select different site. Choose the wikia selection.

For example, enter Tintin for Tintin.wikia.com

In an url, it would be xxxxxx.wikia.com. The entered part would be xxxxx

Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote: When you first go onto AWB, go to the bottom right. Click on the part where it says en.wikipedia.org. It will allow you to select different site. Choose the wikia selection.

For example, enter Tintin for Tintin.wikia.com

In an url, it would be xxxxxx.wikia.com. The entered part would be xxxxx

I already did it, even after unpacking the archive and it still doesn't work.

I don't know what will work...

Loading editor
    • It's says connection error. How so?

Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote: It's says connection error. How so?

I don't know, I will try some firewall settings, maybe this will work.

Loading editor
    • Question: Did you altar any settings when you opened it? or just, you tried to enter a wikia site? 

Loading editor
    • Wanna try this together? im not sure where this problem is coming from.

Loading editor
    • I didn't alter anything, in fact, I didn't even know what to do lmao... I will check if my firewall is blocking the connection, but tomorrow, as today I am too tired to do so.

Loading editor
    • you got it from here right?

How about this? What do you want to do with AWB? I wanna see if I can do what you want to do.

Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote: you got it from here right?

How about this? What do you want to do with AWB? I wanna see if I can do what you want to do.

Yes, it was from there, and I would like to once and for all end some coding and grammar mistakes on a wiki I am admin on, namely GTA Myths Wiki.

Loading editor
    • Try editing the Checkpage and copy paste your username into it. (or delete it to edit with AWB)

Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote: Try editing the Checkpage and copy paste your username into it. (or delete it to edit with AWB)

I already put myself in, but that doesn't solve the error anyways.

Loading editor
    • I suggest contacting Fandom through Special:contact/general. Ask the tech team and tell them step-by-step on what you did and the picture. They could help you de bug it. Or drop a note asking for advice on the dev talk pages

Loading editor
    • MechQueste wrote: I suggest contacting Fandom through Special:contact/general. Ask the tech team and tell them step-by-step on what you did and the picture. They could help you de bug it. Or drop a note asking for advice on the dev talk pages

I have already reported the bug on Media Wiki, hoping for response. Thanks for supporting me though.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message