FANDOM

• As a genuine question - does anyone know if the "Fandom" articles that are linked from every page have editors, proof readers, or anyone at all checking them before publication?

Loading editor
    • Do you mean Trending Fandom Articles, the ones that display in the sidebar? When I wrote for them, they did have an editor go over the article after it was submitted, but most of the work was supposed to be done by the writer.

Loading editor
    • Yeah those ones. There are so many basic mistakes that should not get past any editor worth their salt that it makes me question if anyone is looking at them. The editorial quality is so low that the fact they are plastered all over every wiki here is a bit questionable.

Loading editor
    • Well, chances are the editors are just going through and checking for basic grammatical errors. To expect Wikia to have experts on every topic they cover is not realistic.

Loading editor
    • Yeah, but to leave "tktk" in multiple published articles is frankly embarrassing - there should be automated tests to stop blindingly obvious stuff like that. You don't need to be an expert to be able to ctrl+f!

Also, perhaps they should not be attempting to shift their entire business into editorial content publishing if they know so little about it, in my opinion.

Loading editor
    • Could you link to example articles? Also, I don't agree with the conclusion that Wikia is shifting the entire business into editorials.

Loading editor
    • This article was published and sat for about a week with a "tktk" placeholder in the Assassins Creed section until they fixed it. A simple search shows 2 more.

This article had a Star Wars video in the justice league section for a while.

Loading editor
    • Intereting

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message