FANDOM

• Every Wikipedia I have created as gotten deleted because of, at a guess, "inactivity", which I think is a stupid rule. I just happen to not have the information at present and the Wikipedia is for a later time, so it really irritates me that it's suddenly gone one day. If anyone knows how to get them back, I'll be really grateful. Seeing as, one day, I'm going to turn my online stories into animation, I created a wiki for it for later and now it is gone. It was called Sunrise Productions Wiki.

Loading editor
    • First, it's not a "wikipedia", it's a "wiki", "wikia" or a "community".

Second, you can use Special:Contact/general with the original wiki link and they can re-open it.

Loading editor
    • MusicSymphony888 wrote:
      Every Wikipedia I have created as gotten deleted because of, at a guess, "inactivity", which I think is a stupid rule. I just happen to not have the information at present and the Wikipedia is for a later time, so it really irritates me that it's suddenly gone one day. If anyone knows how to get them back, I'll be really grateful. Seeing as, one day, I'm going to turn my online stories into animation, I created a wiki for it for later and now it is gone. It was called Sunrise Productions Wiki.

Wiki's are not deleted for inactivity. They are left up for Adoption, so it is something else. And, as Mime stated, You can take this up with staff.

Loading editor
    • High Flying Firedash wrote:

MusicSymphony888 wrote:
      Every Wikipedia I have created as gotten deleted because of, at a guess, "inactivity", which I think is a stupid rule. I just happen to not have the information at present and the Wikipedia is for a later time, so it really irritates me that it's suddenly gone one day. If anyone knows how to get them back, I'll be really grateful. Seeing as, one day, I'm going to turn my online stories into animation, I created a wiki for it for later and now it is gone. It was called Sunrise Productions Wiki.

Wiki's are not deleted for inactivity. They are left up for Adoption, so it is something else. And, as Mime stated, You can take this up with staff.

Actually wikis can be deleted for "inactivity" where there are too few to no users, especially if the wiki is of a personal topic or project. If the wiki is of a general interest to people or has the possibility of becoming an interest to people, it is allowed to stay open, for, as you said, adoption :)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message