FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for January 10, 2018:

• NOTABLE: We will be introducing some new shortcuts to the page header that will appear for all logged-in users, under a menu just to the right of the existing shortcuts. These shortcuts include Add New Image, Add New Video, Recent Changes, and All Shortcuts. The All Shortcuts option includes links to special pages, maintenance lists, and other pages that can be useful to editors and admins.
      Loading editor
    • WOW!!!! Like this update because it reminds me of the Contribute button found in the old page and maybe old article header.

Loading editor
    • I feel this may be important enough for a highlight, since it wasn’t a Staff blog. Unless a blog is in the works that is.

Loading editor
    • A blog will be posted once the feature is live.

Loading editor
    • I'm not sure if this is the thread for this but will there be any updates/announcements on new Discussions features soon?

Loading editor
    • This is a really good update. It's absolutely amazing how you guys are adding shortcuts for the page header. Now, there is no need to manually add tools with JS. Thanks so much for this feature!

Also, do you think is there time for people to do some beta testing with this new feature?

Loading editor
    • -shrug- I don't see this one a big deal.

Loading editor
    • This is a great release, thank you for the shortcuts.

Loading editor
    • JustLeafy wrote: This is a really good update. It's absolutely amazing how you guys are adding shortcuts for the page header. Now, there is no need to manually add tools with JS. Thanks so much for this feature!

Also, do you think is there time for people to do some beta testing with this new feature?

This initial release is a test to see how people engage with the initial version of the shortcuts menu.

Loading editor
    • Brandon Rhea wrote:

JustLeafy wrote: This is a really good update. It's absolutely amazing how you guys are adding shortcuts for the page header. Now, there is no need to manually add tools with JS. Thanks so much for this feature!

This initial release is a test to see how people engage with the initial version of the shortcuts menu.

It was okay and now even more better with that addition. Looks like bringing some feature from the old nav into the new ones IIRC. Well done!!! :D :D

Loading editor
    • DEmersonJMFM wrote: -shrug- I don't see this one a big deal.

I am guessing your are like me and don't really use that portion of the page anyways. None-the-less, I still think it is a potentially handy new feature; especially for those who don't already know where to go for these. I also like the search function; very handy. But yeah, if you are already used to these pages, it might not be as big of a deal. Also, there are some redundancies such as "Create a new page", "Recent Changes", and "Start a new wiki" which already have their own buttons in either the page or global header.

Loading editor
    • This is a good addition. Now I don't have to type in the Special:Video address manually when I add a video! Though, the different height of the more button is different and puts me off.

Loading editor
    • This addition is very much needed for Discussions.

Loading editor
    • Brandon Rhea wrote: This initial release is a test to see how people engage with the initial version of the shortcuts menu.

With replying to Forum Discussions, the most popular shortcut I use is WhatLinksHere as I can see templates in use to locate the bug. WhatLinksHere is located near the bottom of the list and impractical. As the shortcut menu has 3 preset - Add New Image, Add New Video, Recent Changes - could in an update these be tailored by the logged-in user like we do with "My favorite wikis"?

With plagiarism being a problem, I think that Add New Image, Add New Video is not priority activities you want.

Loading editor
    • TableWiz wrote:

Brandon Rhea wrote: This initial release is a test to see how people engage with the initial version of the shortcuts menu.

With replying to Forum Discussions, the most popular shortcut I use is WhatLinksHere as I can see templates in use to locate the bug. WhatLinksHere is located near the bottom of the list and impractical. As the shortcut menu has 3 preset - Add New Image, Add New Video, Recent Changes - could in an update these be tailored by the logged-in user like we do with "My favorite wikis"?

With plagiarism being a problem, I think that Add New Image, Add New Video is not priority activities you want.

Anon users do not have this feature, I checked this seconds before.

Loading editor
    • As was already said in the update.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message