FANDOM

• why the heck is there no autosave for edits? i just wasted a full flipping hour of my time typing out my characters whole backstory, and then it all disappears because the wifi went off for a minute. This is ridiculous, please add this feature I'm so annoyed rn because that took so much effort and it has just been shoved down the drain.

Loading editor
    • I can’t answer that, since it’s FANDOM’s choice, and they probably didn’t think about adding a feature. If you want, Special:Contact/feedback. Use it.

Unfortunately, your stuff has been deleted, you can’t really do anything except retype it.

Loading editor
    • Here's a tip, copy the entire contents of the edit window before publishing the changes. That way if it fails to publish, then you can paste the contents you've copied to the clipboard and try to publish the edit again. Be careful on iOS devices though, it can glitch and freeze the web browser causing you to lose progress.

Loading editor
    • Matthew Cenance wrote: Here's a tip, copy the entire contents of the edit window before publishing the changes. That way if it fails to publish, then you can paste the contents you've copied to the clipboard and try to publish the edit again. Be careful on iOS devices though, it can glitch and freeze the web browser causing you to lose progress.

I think it’s already late to tell them that xd

Loading editor
    • To make sure stuff doesn't happen to me when I edit for longer then, say, 15 minutes, I copy everything, put it on a notepad and save that notepad. That way, no progress lost and if I have to do something, it'll be there waiting for me.

I don't edit on devices so I can't give any help on that front.

Loading editor
    • 33Nepeta wrote:

Matthew Cenance wrote: Here's a tip, copy the entire contents of the edit window before publishing the changes. That way if it fails to publish, then you can paste the contents you've copied to the clipboard and try to publish the edit again. Be careful on iOS devices though, it can glitch and freeze the web browser causing you to lose progress.

I think it’s already late to tell them that xd

But next time that person can now apply that information and not lose further data.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message