FANDOM

• Is there any rule about a duplicate Wiki, in a case were it is pretty much copying the original Wiki, using its header and code?

I’m a B-Crat on this Wiki, and I’m experiencing an issue in which a user has made a Duplicate Wiki of a Wiki that was made much earlier.

The reason the duplicate was made was since I removed one of the affiliated Wikis from the main page, and the founder (who is a B-Crat on the affiliated Wiki) did the same on their main page on a different Wiki.

I mean fully aware of Wikis that are duplicate, but I’m just wondering if there is any rule on Wikis like these, in which they’re borrowing your code and using your images.

Loading editor
    • I know there's specifically rules against against duplicates copying content verbatim, so I'd assume that extends to CSS and images. If they're using your content they have to attribute it to the source.

Loading editor
    • ΜΖD wrote: I know there's specifically rules against against duplicates copying content verbatim, so I'd assume that extends to CSS and images. If they're using your content they have to attribute it to the source.

We’ll, technically it was from The Undertale Wiki, but they are using similar color schemes and even copied the header (and logo at one point).

Will this still count?

Loading editor
    • You can always report it to staff, and let them decide.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message