FANDOM

• Hi! I’m LexSex1998.

I realized we never suggested if any of the admins on Community Central are interested in turning on the Discussions feature for it, and migrating the Threaded Forums across as well.

In case you’re unaware of the feature, Discussions was introduced in 2016 to help communities engage with users and fans. It lives in its own space on a wiki and allows users to interact with other members of the community. It is also mobile friendly and gives mobile users a chance to contribute and engage with the community, and possibly turn them into wiki editors as well. Discussions also links with FANDOM Apps, which some communities have, and it allows app users to easily take part in Discussions as well. You can read more about Discussions here.

For more information on migrating forums to Discussions, you can check out this blog post on here that explains everything in detail.

If anyone has a concern, Discussions and Forums can exist side-by-side in case you think the Community Central admins don’t want to migrate just yet. However, eventually all Forums will be migrated over to Discussions and Forums will be sunsetted as a feature, so getting ahead of the curve’s never a bad idea.

Feel free to join this discussion with the rest of the FANDOM network about this, and I’m available with any concerns you might have. Enjoy your time here!

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message