FANDOM

• Hiya, absolute newbie to coding so I'm having some trouble with the infoboxes. I basically need one like this one and following some instructions from this help page (Copying templates from other wikis section) had me copy/paste both it and the /doc version yet mine looks nothing like it. Here's what mine turned out like if it helps. What am I doing wrong? x.x Please and thank you!

Loading editor
    • Before you tackle infoboxes try some basic Wiki editing, e.g., edit the Project:Sandbox here until you know how to produce working Wikilinks. When that's clear update your post here or add a new reply here, where "this one" is a working Wikilink to whatever "this one" is. Ditto "the help page" (which?), "the /doc" (which template with a /doc subpage?), "mine" (where?).

Template:Infobox and Help:Infobox work for me; I can post the Wikilinks here. As long as you can't post Wikilinks here this issue has to be fixed first, try another browser, or maybe try some "incognito mode"  in your browser with a manual login here, if that temporarily bypasses too radical noscript/adblock/privacy tools on your side.

Loading editor
    • I know how to make working links but the site gave me only an error message for three days whenever I tried to post one in any way :/ Tried on several computers, no difference. Anyways, today it suddenly works so I've updated the original post to be what I meant it to be. 

Loading editor
    • The issue with your links is because you were attempting to post them as external links. In order to post working external links, you must be autoconfirmed.

Edit:

Credit for removing the thread yourself; but creating a separate thread is not necessary for testing in the first place.

Loading editor
    • Sorry I hadn't realized that. It might be a good idea to add something to the error message about that, all it said was that there was something wrong and to copy my text and try again. Took me a bit to even figure out it was the links.

Anyways, anyone who can help me with my original problem?

Loading editor
    • Well, have you copied the CSS as well? You need the portion between the lines /* Infobox */ and /* Stories */.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Well, have you copied the CSS as well? You need the portion between the lines /* Infobox */ and /* Stories */.

I have not, thank you! Do i need admin privileges to edit a wiki's css (since currently I cannot)?

I'm trying to revive a dead wikia btw and am beginning to think I might as well start a new one since I know there's also at least one character page which is locked and I'm not sure how to go about unlocking it.

Loading editor
    • Yes, you need admin status to edit a wiki's CSS. However, if the wiki is truly dead, you can consider adopting it. Note that if you do this, the founder will be stripped of their user profile tag (unless you specifically request otherwise).

Loading editor
    • Thanks so much for your help!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message