FANDOM

• Hi!

I tried to suggest a feature for the main menu in the New Features section within the forum but then once posted it stated page was deleted and erased. Could the staff update the forum so that "New Features" and the link to that forum is removed from the list if it has been closed? I can't post anything in that section!

Loading editor
    • On January, 19 Thread:1380929 was created in the new features board, and I tested to create a new thread today up to the preview step, one click before publish.

IOW, I don't think that this board was recently closed for unknown reasons, there are lots of other possible reasons why it didn't work for you. Clearly not "good enough" if it was not obvious for you, but…(insert unknown reason and suggest better presentation, wait, I'm kidding)

Loading editor
    • Dunnoob wrote:
      On January, 19 Thread:1380929 was created in the new features board, and I tested to create a new thread today up to the preview step, one click before publish.

IOW, I don't think that this board was recently closed for unknown reasons, there are lots of other possible reasons why it didn't work for you. Clearly not "good enough" if it was not obvious for you, but…(insert unknown reason and suggest better presentation, wait, I'm kidding)

Could it have been a glitch then? I was only suggesting the staff to add a link to the special pages for the current default theme within the menu system.

Loading editor
      1. When did this happen?
      2. They have already placed links to most of the pages on Special:SpecialPages in the page header (see Thread:1375130).
        Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      #When did this happen
      1. They have already placed link to most of the pages on Special:SpecialPages to the page header (see Thread:1375130)

I think it happened yesterday. Its not an urgent issue though would like an easy link to the pages so that it'll be on one of the drop down menus rather than people like me typing it on search on central.

Loading editor
    • Okay, but how is it different from what they already implemented?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Okay, but how is it different from what they already implemented?

Its not different, I don't think at that time I'd properly thought it through. I think they can ignore this request fully.

Loading editor
    • FWIW I tried to add Topic:Forum here, it did not work for me, listed as yet another forum glitch.

Loading editor
    • Why would this belong in that topic anyways?

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Why would this belong in that topic anyways?

The thread is about the Board:New Features on Special:Forum, with Monobook that's the forums link in the community part of the left navbar. There's a list of predefined topics at the bottom of Special:Forum, among others Topic:Forum.

Forum is redirected to Special:Forum, so that works in a search, even if it doesn't work as topic. A search for new features suggests Board:New Features as first possibility.

Loading editor
    • Oh right. I completely forgot about the original question.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message