FANDOM

• Might be in the wrong board, I guess it depends on how easy it is to change this. There's probably a button somewhere.

On most large wikis I see, I notice that the namespaces searched by default do not include blog posts, among other things. Since I don't actually care in the slightest about if someone's written my search keyword somewhere in a 3 year old blog, this makes sense.

This doesn't appear to be the default though, and this is pretty problematic for some wikis, especially ones that don't necessarily have an entire page dedicated to what I'm looking for. If I want to search the Pokémon Brick Bronze wiki for any reference to Mewtwo, I get 70 blogs that have the word "Mewtwo" in them, and have to go into advanced settings, untick everything except the main namespace, and search again (finding that actually Mewtwo hasn't been added yet). The vast majority of visitors won't know to do this, and wanting to search through blog posts that're mostly several years old is a ridiculously obscure edge case anyway.

I'm not an admin on the Brick Bronze wiki, or any wiki that I contribute to, though I would like to know how/where to change the default search namespaces so I can push the admins to fix them. Any help would be appreciated.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message