FANDOM

• Hello, on the Exo Wiki I saw that they are using some sort of animated background on all Wiki pages which gives the effect of falling snow of sorts.. I want to know how do you do this? I guess such an effect will require Java but can I use it even if I'm not an admin?

Link to Exo Wiki so you know what effect I mean: Exo Wiki

Loading editor
    • It depends on what you have in mind, but you must register an account. If you want to apply the JS (JavaScript, not Java; there is a big difference) to a wiki such that all users see it, then you must be an admin on that wiki. If you want to apply it just for yourself, then you can use your personal JS (again, you need to register an account first). If you want to apply it to all wikis you visit, import the JS in your global personal JS. If you want to apply it to one particular wiki, import it in your wiki-specific personal JS. To do that, go to the wiki on which you wish to have the animated background and then go to "Special:MyPage/common.js" if you want to apply it for all skins or the skin-specific JS (likely "Special:MyPage/wikia.js") if you want it applied to only one skin.

Loading editor
    • Hi, thanks for the reply. So I will have to look in Exo Wiki's common or wikia js for the exact script name then. I had an account here on the Wiki but deleted the associated email with it. I'll see about recovering it and my password. Thanks again for the reply.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message