FANDOM

• On my userpages, I use a template, but on this wiki, it displays "Template loop detected: User:AFallenPower." Can someone tell me what's wrong? Is it with the name of the template?

Loading editor
    • I am going to guess that on other wikis what you have is {{:w:User:AFallenPower}}, is that correct? You cannot put that "template" here because you are placing it on itself. This causes an infinite loop where the page is constantly trying to transclude itself. Note that, for similar reasons, you will also get this error if you call a template that in turn calls the page you are putting it on.

Loading editor
    • You can, however, use {{Template:User:AFallenPower}} to transclude it.

Loading editor
    • Works, but does a Template:User:AFallenPower make sense? I'd simply copy + paste the content to the user page here, or substitute it on the user page here, and when that works as expected tag the odd template as bad idea for deletion with {{delete|author request}}.

Loading editor
    • I agree. You can transclude non-template pages from Community Central by using {{:w:User:AFallenPower}}. So if the purpose is to have a global userpage, including here; the use of the template namespace is unnecessary.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message