FANDOM

• There's a new source editor that is used when categorizing a template page as an infobox and then editing it. The new source editor also supports syntax highlighting and is easy to use - something which I like.

I would like to use the new source editor, while still able to choose and fallback to other editors(e.g. Old source editor, VisualEditor) whenever I want to edit a page. Is there any way I can do that?

Thank you.

Loading editor
    • That depends on how the new source editor is implemented. Where have you seen it?

Loading editor
    • I've seen the new source editor whenever I attempt to edit an infobox and switch to the source editor. This source editor can also be seen when I edit my own common.js and global.js page.

Loading editor
    • Are you talking about the classic rich-text editor? Perhaps you could provide a link to an example infobox this happens for.

Loading editor
    • This is the editor I want to use for all purposes: Editor.

I know it may look similar to the source mode in the classic rich-text editor but this editor looks more robust and even supports indentation using "TAB" key.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Are you talking about the classic rich-text editor? Perhaps you could provide a link to an example infobox this happens for.

He's talking about the advanced source editor, the source editor of infoboxes, .css pages and .js pages.

Loading editor
    • And also, I don't think it's possible to use that source editor all the time, Brandon.

Loading editor
    • Okay. Out of curiosity, does anyone have a picture I can look at? When I click the link Brandon Gui123 provided, it just takes me to the typical classic source editor; unless I have been calling incorrectly this whole time.

Loading editor
    • To put it short: The advanced editor that shows up when you click on the square brackets([ ]) below the infobox editor.

Loading editor
    • Oh. So it is the source mode of the graphical Infobox Builder. Yeah, that would only be available for simple portable infoboxes.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote: Oh. So it is the source mode of the graphical Infobox Builder. Yeah, that would only be available for simple portable infoboxes.

I see... I guess I’ll have to use common.js and common.css to tune the appearance of the source editor to my likings then.

Thanks all for answering and my apologies for any confusion.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message