FANDOM

• I'm trying to make the form field show all three options on protection pages. So, going from what's seen on the left here, to what's seen on the right:

Protection form height

I thought this would be the correct code, but it's not taking:

.mwProtect-level-edit .select {
        height: 62px !important;
    }

What am I doing wrong?

Loading editor
    • I'm a bit confused about what you want to do. As far as I know, the form field shows all the options by default...

Loading editor
    • The form field only shows two fields as depicted on the left side of the image I embedded. In Firefox at least, it may be different for you.

What I'm looking for is someone to help me with the proper code to increase the height parameters set in that field. I'm close, I think I just have a special character missing or something. But CSS is tough because you never know if the changes you've made to your .css file has updated yet and you sit there refreshing for ten minutes between each change you make to the file to see if the change you made is going to take. Caching, and all.

Loading editor
    • Well, despite not having the same problem, I can tell you that what is wrong in your code is most likely the selection. Try instead:

#mwProtect-level-edit {
          height: 62px !important;
      }
        Loading editor
    • Protection form height inspect

That did it, thank you!

From the inspector, I thought I needed the .select in there (as seen in the accompanying screenshot). But I guess not.

Thanks again!

Loading editor
    • You're welcome. By the way, "mwProtect-level-edit" is an id, so it has to go with "#" and not with "." That was probably the main problem.

Loading editor
    • Gah, you're right. I even had a cheat sheet for that on my user page, and I still got it wrong. Thanks.

Loading editor
    • No problem!

Loading editor
    • Odd, my Firefox displays all 3 options without any CSS changes. You seem to have quite a few unique display issues.

Loading editor
    • Agreed.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message