FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for February 26, 2018:

• NOTABLE: Bot flagged accounts will show a 'Bot' tag on their user profile page (similar to the existing Admin and Moderator tags).
    • NOTABLE: We will be adding a new global group called 'Content Volunteers' - these are users who have additional tools available to work on content-related tasks in non-English communities.
    • BUGFIX: We will fix a bug that prevented some special page reports (e.g. Special:UncategorizedFiles) from updating correctly.
    • BUGFIX: We recently fixed a bug that could prevent the Special:Forum 'kudos' feature from working.
      Loading editor
      1. Will the bot profile tag text be editable like the others?
      2. So, Content Volunteers are sort of like Helpers in the sense that it is intended for non-English wikis yet like Content Moderators in the sense that they don't have abilities such as promoting users?
      3. Great!
      4. Awesome!
        Loading editor
    • Do you think this bot tag would interfere with UserTags in any fashion? Will there ever be classes for each individual tag? It’d make styling with CSS much easier.

Loading editor
    • Yes! Thank you so much! Not being able to give kudos has been a recent nuisance. Glad it got fixed!

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:

1. So, Content Volunteers are sort of like Helpers in the sense that it is intended for non-English wikis yet like Content Moderators in the sense that they don't have abilities such as promoting users?

Those are users from teams, who write blogs and news for their own community. In the DE community we have currently two teams (The Entertainment Team and the Gaming Task Force), while the ES community have a writing team for entertainment-news. Basically they write similar blogs to what you can compare with the EN News & Stories.

Loading editor
    • The bot tag should be editable like the others, and I don't believe it will interfere with the custom tags JS. We don't currently have any plans to tweak the way these tags are coded.

Loading editor
    • Content Volunteers from what I've gathered won't have many additional rights. The only global user-groups with lots of rights are VSTF, Helpers, Staff, and Utilities. All other global groups have fewer than 10 additional rights.

What about Profile Tags? Will it interfere with those? I'll be ready to make those tweaks for if they do interfere with them. Like, I mean, if the bot tag is added with Profile Tags, and it will start showing by default, then it'll result in duplicate tags.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote: What about Profile Tags? Will it interfere with those? I'll be ready to make those tweaks for if they do interfere with them. Like, I mean, if the bot tag is added with Profile Tags, and it will start showing by default, then it'll result in duplicate tags.

It won't interfere with ProfileTags - that script wipes out all tags before adding whatever is in the MediaWiki page. So no duplicated tags.

Loading editor
    • Noreplyz wrote:

C.Syde65 wrote: What about Profile Tags? Will it interfere with those? I'll be ready to make those tweaks for if they do interfere with them. Like, I mean, if the bot tag is added with Profile Tags, and it will start showing by default, then it'll result in duplicate tags.

It won't interfere with ProfileTags - that script wipes out all tags before adding whatever is in the MediaWiki page. So no duplicated tags.

Ah, but on the wikis that I'm thinking of, they have additional JavaScript added that prevents default user tags from being overridden. Very handy because it saves users the trouble of de-wiping out all the user tags from every user, namely the global users.

Loading editor
    • Noreplyz wrote:

C.Syde65 wrote: What about Profile Tags? Will it interfere with those? I'll be ready to make those tweaks for if they do interfere with them. Like, I mean, if the bot tag is added with Profile Tags, and it will start showing by default, then it'll result in duplicate tags.

Unless you tell it not to do that :p

Loading editor
    • Sophiedp wrote:

Noreplyz wrote:

Unless you tell it not to do that :p

Which is exactly what the said wikis I had in mind were told not to do. So the bot tags will appear once this update is released.

Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote: Which is exactly what the said wikis I had in mind were told not to do. So the bot tags will appear once this update is released.

Yes, then the bot tags would appear doubled up if you've set noHideTags: true and you have a 'Bot' tag in your ProfileTags.

Loading editor
    • Note: We've no special release notes for the next release (Tuesday), so no new Technical Update post today.

Loading editor
    • Is it still 5 a week or back to 2 a week?

Loading editor
    • We do releases every weekday except Friday (just not all of them have interesting user facing tweaks).

Loading editor
    • noice

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message