FANDOM

• I made this account just to ask this because I'm spending way too much time on such a ridiculous little problem, I'm sorry if this isn't the proper place for this.

Mobile formats of wikia sites no longer load automatically in mobile browsers for me.  I can't find any way to switch to mobile versions of sites short of manually editing the URL on each and every individual page I may want to read.  My only other solution is download each corresponding app, but I would really rather not have a dozen different ones on my phone.  Older posts I've found have had solutions to this in settings menus somewhere, but I can't seem to find anything relevant in the current account settings or preferences menus.

There has to be some way to force the site to load a mobile version, right?  Is there some option I'm not seeing?

Loading editor
    • When was the last time you closed the browser windows and restarted your browser? If not recently, try that first. If that doesn't work, try restarting your device. If that still doesn't work, contact staff using Special:Contact/bug.

Loading editor
    • You can append ?useskin=mercury at the end of every URL on pages where the mobile skin isn't disabled, but that would only work temporarily. Make sure you don't have "Request desktop site" checked anywhere in your browser settings/preferences.

Loading editor
    • Thanks for the responses, I was not able to get it work by restarting the browser or switching browsers, and I knew about the URL change but it's not really practical for reading numerous pages.  I sort of gave up trying to fix this yesterday, only to find it seems to have completly fixed itself as of this morning.  I'm not sure where exactly the issue was.  Thank you for your assistance.

Loading editor
    • If it fixed itself, it was probably a bug on Wikia's end.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message