FANDOM


  • Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for March 5, 2018:

    • NOTABLE: We are enabling a new poll function in Discussions on a small set of communities. This is not yet supported in Community Apps, so the release is very limited. You can check out this early version of polls in Discussions on the Community Test wiki.
    • BUGFIX: We will fix broken slider styling on mobile main pages.
      Loading editor
    • Woah, nice. Now add inline styling for posts and support for HTML tags like <pre>, <strike>, <b> etc. :P

        Loading editor
    • And then kill Forum completely!

        Loading editor
    • ...After fix Discussions compatibility with wiki's theme, like backgrounds and specific colours from Theme Designer!

        Loading editor
    • How could I have forgotten! :D

        Loading editor
    • will discussions ever get wikitext support? I would also like discussions to use the theme designer colors more, especially for the background, and i would really appreciate the abiity to use custom css on it. What really keeps me away from using disucssions is not being able to highlight posts.

        Loading editor
    • Well the problem with custom CSS is that it's entirely cut off from MediaWiki software, meaning that your personal CSS and JS pages don't affect it at all.

        Loading editor
    • A CSS import within <style> is not impossible to pull off, look at Chat.css. Takes a long time for caches to clear but at least it works.

        Loading editor
    • What do you mean by that? Also, I still would like to have custom CSS for discussions, something for the staff to consider.

        Loading editor
    • I mean that you don’t need a MediaWiki connection to import CSS into a web page. I also would like custom CSS for Discussions.

        Loading editor
    • TheWikiaEditMachine wrote: What do you mean by that? Also, I still would like to have custom CSS for discussions, something for the staff to consider.

      As a user who made dozens of stylesheets and CSS snippets, I do agree and wish CSS can apply to Discussions, but sadly, it won't anytime soon, because Discussions was not built from MediaWiki. However, other features, such as highlighting threads, text formatting (maybe with basic wikitext) and more ThemeDesigner options are all possible to be implemented in Discussions soon.

        Loading editor
    • ok.

        Loading editor
    • Quick question: does the Chat.css import respect parameters like debug=true and useuserjs=0? Discussions itself has code related to ?noexternals support.

        Loading editor
    • Speedit wrote: Quick question: does the Chat.css import respect parameters like debug=true and useuserjs=0? Discussions itself has code related to ?noexternals support.

      No.

        Loading editor
    • Twitter widgets are also working on my end too. Good times!

        Loading editor
    • I've just check the Discussion polls, and the progress bars are out of place:
      Discussions-poll-out-of-place
        Loading editor
    • KurwaAntics wrote:

      I've just check the Discussion polls, and the progress bars are out of place:
      Discussions-poll-out-of-place

      Could you link the poll? And do you have any custom js/css or addons/extensions that might be affecting it?

        Loading editor
    • Custom JS/CSS doesn't work in Discussions :P

        Loading editor
    • Railfail536 wrote: Custom JS/CSS doesn't work in Discussions :P

      you can load js/css other ways tho (eg, greasemonkey)

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, but not many people do.

        Loading editor
    • TheGoldenPatrik1 wrote: Yeah, but not many people do.

      but its still possible

        Loading editor
    • Please explain why Community Central does not have Discussions enabled.

        Loading editor
    • Cheetawolfnitrotyper wrote: Please explain why Community Central does not have Discussions enabled.

      Because they're still working on it?

        Loading editor
    • I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but I have a quick question/comment. Sunday I created a poll on the Community Test wiki, and another user and I noticed it seems like the other options people vote for on polls aren't really bright enough. [Example screenshot]. I'm not sure if anyone feels the same way, but it would be awesome if the other votes had a bit of a color change, to make it brighter/more visible. Perhaps to a darker shade, such as #b3b3b3, would look better?

        Loading editor
    • Cheetawolfnitrotyper wrote: Please explain why Community Central does not have Discussions enabled.

      Community Central's Forums use case is very different from other wikis. A lot of wikis use Forums for conversations, announcements and discussions, while Community Central's purpose is for giving community and technical support.

      Since Discussions doesn't have support for the more technical sided things, we're sticking to Forums. However, we're not exempt from Discussions - we might just end up being one of the last to migrate to Discussions.

        Loading editor
    • To me it sounds like Staff knows Discussions isn't good so they're sticking with Forums, but they don't mind if the other communities struggle with the transition in the meantime.

        Loading editor
    • TheWearyandHeavyLaden wrote: To me it sounds like Staff knows Discussions isn't good so they're sticking with Forums, but they don't mind if the other communities struggle with the transition in the meantime.

      Exactly, and I thought Community Central was supposed to "lead the way" for other communities. :)

        Loading editor
    • KurwaAntics wrote:
      I've just check the Discussion polls, and the progress bars are out of place:
      Discussions-poll-out-of-place

      Thanks! I expect you were seeing this in Firefox? We've got a fix ready and it may be out as soon as tomorrow.

        Loading editor
    • The Crusader of Truth wrote:
      I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but I have a quick question/comment. Sunday I created a poll on the Community Test wiki, and another user and I noticed it seems like the other options people vote for on polls aren't really bright enough. [Example screenshot]. I'm not sure if anyone feels the same way, but it would be awesome if the other votes had a bit of a color change, to make it brighter/more visible. Perhaps to a darker shade, such as #b3b3b3, would look better?

      Thanks for this feedback. We'll be looking at a few color issues that have come up.

        Loading editor
    • Cool update!

      I feel like this is an improvement, considering how little important updates have been made to Discussions, hopefully wikitext and highlighting will be supported, those are two important features I believe should be available.

      polls is a good feature too, though.

        Loading editor
    • When will polls be added to Discussions on communities in general? Assuming it hasn't been added already. I'm rather late in responding to this, because I've been rather busy lately, and haven't had the time to catch up on my g-mails.

        Loading editor
    • C.Syde65 wrote: When will polls be added to Discussions on communities in general? Assuming it hasn't been added already. I'm rather late in responding to this, because I've been rather busy lately, and haven't had the time to catch up on my g-mails.

      Never mind. I've just checked and seen how polls are made in Discussions on the Community Test Wiki, and they don't exist on wikis in general.

      But the question remains when they are expected to be released, and whether communities can request to have them added sooner.

        Loading editor
    • Communities that are not part of an app can request to have polls via Special:Contact. I don't have any updates on when a wider release will occur.

        Loading editor
    • Good idea! Polls in Discussions seem like they will be incredibly useful.

        Loading editor
    • Now the bars are in the right place.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message