FANDOM

• Is there any way to disable the automatic redirect to the source editor and simply use the basic HTML editor? I really don't want have to spend all day tripple clicking to do a simple minor edit on an article to fix something because Wikia's is obsessed with getting people to use functions they've no interest in supporting.

Loading editor
    • Based on your title, I am guessing that, by "source editor", you really mean rich-text editor and that, by "basic HTML editor", you really mean source editor. If that is the case, use Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing to set your preferred editor.

FYI, there are essentially 5 types of editors currently in use: Infobox Builder, VisualEditor, MiniEditor, rich-text-editor, and source editor. The first 4 all have a way to get to a source-editor-like interface. Infobox Builder is a GUI used for simple portable infoboxes. VisualEditor is a GUI used for pages. MiniEditor is like classic editor but for Forums and comments. Classic editor (the collective name for rich-text editor and source editor) is for pages. Classic editor will default to source editor only if your editor preference is set to "Source editor". This setting also affects MiniEditor's default.

Loading editor
    • Technically there are six... You forgot lame-@ss Discussions editor which has no source mode. Also, Infobox Builder also has a source-editor-like interface available.

Loading editor
    • Fandyllic wrote: ... Also, Infobox Builder also has a source-editor-like interface available.

As I said...

Andrewds1021 wrote: ... FYI, there are essentially 5 types of editors currently in use: Infobox Builder, VisualEditor, MiniEditor, rich-text-editor, and source editor. The first 4 all have a way to get to a source-editor-like interface. ...

Loading editor
    • Got it

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message