FANDOM

• We have a page that uses a fairly detailed tabber as a sort of Table of Contents to manage a significant amount of information on the page. It works great on a PC, but doesn't function correctly on mobile devices (I understand the reasoning why).

Here is the page I'm referring to: http://habitica.wikia.com/wiki/Costume_Carnival

What would be a good alternative to the Tabber that would function well on both PC and mobile?

Loading editor
    • I don't think there is a close replacement. Consider breaking it up into multiple pages. If you really want to have a tabber-like navigation scheme, then you can style links to look like tabs. Quite a few wikis do this but I don't have the time right now to dig up and example.

Loading editor
    • u can use tab view. also, tabber on the page seems like navbox - it has no useful info, just links. u can drop that tabber and start to use navboxes. not much mobile friendly (navboxes will not rendered on mobile), still something to think about.

Loading editor
    • Note, however, that TabView requires the content to be on separate pages.

Loading editor
    • For the scenario you just described, breaking the content into subpages and using TabView may be the most effective solution. Tabbers for content are not considered a practical design pattern for content where the size can vary between tabs. As such, it is very difficult for us to condone a tab-based solution for text, and are not currently developing product to do so on mobile; we do not believe it should be an effective long term solution.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message