FANDOM

• Hello,

They say it’s simple once you know it, but for a non-coder like me, it’s best that I ask for expertise here:-)

Below is a simple table under the first sentence.
    Ajantis page.

I am just looking for an simple table like that to hold the tooltips, with the small sized Appearances as its caption, one row, one to eight columns, but no need to pre-add {{}}, could someone convert it into template codes, thanks!

Loading editor
    • See Template:Appearances... not quite working right, but close.

Loading editor
    • Thanks Fandyllic, waiting for good news :)

Loading editor
    • It should be working well enough now to try out.

The way you made your icons makes the table harder to work with, but you can take a look.

Loading editor
    • Hello Fandyllic,

Generally it's working good, but in my browser the table blocks pop-up box's view, any solutions?

Loading editor
    • What browser do you use? It could be a bug in the browser. It works fine for me in Chrome and Firefox.

Loading editor
    • @Fandyllic,

Interesting... I'm using chrome 65 on pc; firefox 58 on android; this is what I see:
      Popup box issue
        Loading editor
    • Can you post a bigger screenshot? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing that's wrong.

Loading editor
    • Most of the tooltips appear to be cut off in the table

Loading editor
    • Unless I am looking at the wrong page, I am not seeing anything getting cut.

Loading editor
    • Really? Interesting. For me and I guess Islandking, the Template:Appearances cuts off most of the tooltip in the example.

Loading editor
    • I see now. As I said, "Unless I am looking at the wrong page,"; which I was. To fix it, change "overflow:hidden;" to "overflow:visible;".

Loading editor
    • Thank you Andrewds1021 , I edited the page, hope that's fixed your issue Islandking.

Loading editor
    • The cells seem to be really tall for some reason. I can't figure out why.

Loading editor
    • I think it's something to do with the #if statements. If there's no values in the parameters It seems to be creating a large cell size?

Edit: I added values to all but the last parameter and the cell size appears to be normal. (on my page I should add)

Loading editor
    • The overflow:hidden was a hack to fix the tall cells. The real solution probably lies in either fixing something in the tooltips (z-index?) and leave overflow:hidden or redoing the icon templates so they don't make the cells tall.

I'm glad Andrewds1021 is looking at this, because my quick and dirty solution isn't working so great.

Loading editor
    • RoIento wrote: I think it's something to do with the #if statements. If there's no values in the parameters It seems to be creating a large cell size?

Edit: I added values to all but the last parameter and the cell size appears to be normal. (on my page I should add)

Try a bunch of different icon templates... you may have just got lucky and picked one that doesn't make the cells tall.

Loading editor
    • RoIento wrote: I think it's something to do with the #if statements. If there's no values in the parameters It seems to be creating a large cell size?

By starting a new #if statements on a new line is the equivalent of a line break (<br>) which is overwritten when the #if is used. Try this and see if solves problem

{| class="wikitable" style="border:0px; border-collapse:collapse; display:block; height:64px; max-height:64px; overflow:visible; table-layout:fixed;"
      |+<small>Appearances</small>
      |- valign="top"
      {{#if:{{{1|{{BG}}}}}|
      {{!}}{{BG}}
      }} {{#if:{{{2|}}}|
      {{!}}{{BG}}
      }} {{#if:{{{3|}}}|
      {{!}}{{BG}}
      }} {{#if:{{{4|}}}|
      {{!}}{{BG}}
      }} {{#if:{{{5|}}}|
      {{!}}{{BG}}
      }} {{#if:{{{6|}}}|
      {{!}}{{BG}}
      }} {{#if:{{{7|}}}|
      {{!}}{{BG}}
      }} {{#if:{{{8|}}}|
      {{!}}{{{8|}}}
      }}
      |}

Loading editor
    • Now I feel the encourage when I see you guys actively discussing the topic, glad I asked for help here instead of trying to solving it on my own, it seems to be a much harder matter than I originally thought.

As for the result, I was using the newer codes to create a testing template, then made sight modifications to rid of the highlighted yellow broader which yield in this, the table above is using the template, below is a plain table, the result is very close to satisfaction (talk about how a “minor” line break and space can make huge impacts), the only difference between the two is the separation of | or cell boarder, but I’m already beginning to wonder | may be a better way :-)

Loading editor
    • reply to #15, #18, and #19

Alternatively, you can use comments to keep each #if visually on its own line.

{{#if:{{{1|}}}|
      {{!}}{{{1|}}}
      }}<!--
      -->{{#if:{{{2|}}}|
      {{!}}{{{2|}}}
      }}

Unfortunately, z-index is relative to the parent element. Since the tooltips are being used in a table, the parent is a .tt1 but the problem element is table, the great-great-great-grandparent of the tooltip.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message