FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for October 30, 2018:

• NOTABLE: On mobile, we are releasing a test of a new experience on a small number of alpha communities. Instead of landing on the community's mobile main page with its fixed categories and featured content, mobile users will see a dynamic feed of local wiki and Discussions content.
    • FIXED: We will fix an issue that caused local user role badges to disappear from some Discussions pages and that made the avatar in the left column on a user's Discussions post list appear too small.
    • FIXED: We recently released another fix for an issue where some special pages were not updating. Daily updates on active wikis should now have resumed, but please let us know if you continue to see any issues!
      Loading editor
    • Sounds nice!

Loading editor
    • I just cannot wait for the constantly evolving Mobile FANDOM. I primariy just select "Desktop Mode", so I am happy to see this coming. Will we ever see mobile themes or mobile backgrounds?

Loading editor
    • Cool!

Loading editor
    • I suppose that the change referring to the Mobile skin, once commonly known to be Mercury, will bring great results. In spite of the fact that, according to me, the idea of mobile main pages set up in a way different from the standard one was planned magnificently, it finally did not turn out what I had expected it to be.

However, wikis' main pages look great through the app. If the change which is being planned currently is due to work similarly, I believe it will work.

Loading editor
    • Can we get a list of some of the communities with this new mobile test? If this becomes more permanent, it sounds like it will make editing your mobile main page unnecessary... unless there will be some new control UI?

Loading editor
    • What I really want for mobile is Theme Designer and CSS. I hate the fact that when I browse Wikia in my phone, all the wikis look exactly the same.

Loading editor
    • I'm still waiting for a CSS equivalent for Discussions.

Loading editor
    • Gilben wrote: What I really want for mobile is Theme Designer and CSS. I hate the fact that when I browse Wikia in my phone, all the wikis look exactly the same.

Me too. Though, let me address a couple of things:

• Mobile ThemeDesigner, afaik, is planned to be a thing very soon (hopefully).
      • Custom CSS and JS won't ever be a thing for mobile.
        Loading editor
    • Sounds like less customization potential for this new mobile experience.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message