FANDOM

• Here are the release notes for FANDOM's code release scheduled for November 14, 2018:

• FIXED: We recently fixed an issue where timestamps in Discussions were always displayed in the American format (Month/Day/Year). They are now based on browser locale (e.g. Day/Month/Year for British English).
    • KNOWN ISSUE: We're working on solving an issue where some special pages have not received their expected daily updates. This fix should be live soon!
      Loading editor
    • American format for dates is so stupid.

Loading editor
    • Is it possible to change this manually? I much prefer the British/non-american version of dates, but I'm in the US so I'm assuming that the locale is set for the US.

If it isn't possible to set it by account I can always go for the British version of Firefox.

Loading editor
    • I much prefer British English. So I'm happy to hear that this was fixed. Though I don't recall ever experiencing the issue myself.

Loading editor
    • To be honest, I don't find this very surprisingly at all. I more find this helpful and interesting. 

Loading editor
    • Forge the Hybrid wrote: Is it possible to change this manually? I much prefer the British/non-american version of dates, but I'm in the US so I'm assuming that the locale is set for the US.

If it isn't possible to set it by account I can always go for the British version of Firefox.

Yes, I too am interested in having the date/time as a user controllable setting. I prefer to see my dates as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM whenever possible. Is it possible to accommodate this preference?

Loading editor
    • Vandraedha wrote:

Forge the Hybrid wrote: Is it possible to change this manually? I much prefer the British/non-american version of dates, but I'm in the US so I'm assuming that the locale is set for the US.

Yes, I too am interested in having the date/time as a user controllable setting. I prefer to see my dates as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM whenever possible. Is it possible to accommodate this preference?

Try changing it to that in your computer's settings?

Loading editor
    • Sophiedp wrote:

Vandraedha wrote:

Forge the Hybrid wrote: Is it possible to change this manually? I much prefer the British/non-american version of dates, but I'm in the US so I'm assuming that the locale is set for the US.

My computer is quite happy to use whatever format I like. The settings in question are the ones on the Discussions hosted by this website.

Loading editor
    • Vandraedha wrote:

Sophiedp wrote:

Vandraedha wrote:

My computer is quite happy to use whatever format I like. The settings in question are the ones on the Discussions hosted by this website.

Discussions uses what your browser is set to, which should use what your computer is set to.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message