FANDOM

• Hello,

The administrator of the following fandom mugen.fandom.com has posted defamatory statements regarding a rival website for personal benefits, accusing that site of having "major security risks" without providing a source.

I've read fandom abuse page and it more or less says that if a page has wrong information then I should edit it, but doing so will most certainly result in a ban since those defamatory statements were posted by the sub-fandom administrator, to push his fear mongering agenda against "rival sites".

I don't really know what to do? Edit the page regardless? File a lawsuit? Against who? That sub-administrator or fandom?

Please enlighten me. Thank you.

Loading editor
    • I think you'd be wasting your time with trying to file a lawsuit; especially if the clams aren't against you.

If you feel bold enough, you can try editing the page. However, keep in mind that staff will not get involved with the issue (or any related issues) unless the admin violates the terms of use.

Loading editor
    • This matters a lot to me, so I will do it.

I guess I'm going to file a law suit against Fandom. As the publisher they are responsible for any content they host. Unfortunately I don't think there is another way to make Fandom care. Time to get a lawer then. Apparently there are a lot of computer crime lawyers in the USA so it shouldn't be too hard.

Loading editor
    • In that case, I think you should discuss your grievances first via Special:Contact/general. It may not help much as Andrew said, but at least then, they're aware of it.

Loading editor
    • Lawyer? Excuse me, but is the problem really that bad?

Loading editor
    • Just another user who thinks the world centers around them. If they want to waste their time and money on a lost cause; let them.

Loading editor
    • xD. It just sounded really harsh.

Loading editor
    • As always, giving a link to so-called defamatory statements would help us outsiders evaluate the claim.

Without seeing the statements themselves, the claim is as unsubstantiated as the accused un-named admin.

Loading editor
    • Andrewds1021 wrote:
      Just another user who thinks the world centers around them. If they want to waste their time and money on a lost cause; let them.

Most of these lawsuit threats disappear once you call their bluff anyway. These chest puffers rarely have the money to back it up.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message