FANDOM

• We hope you all had a wonderful holiday break! Here are the release notes for Fandom's code release scheduled for January 9, 2019:

• A variety of fixes and improvements for portable infoboxes have recently gone live:
      • FIXED: We corrected an issue where & was incorrectly being displayed as &
      • FIXED: Image tags within horizontal group layouts now show correctly
      • FIXED: <br/> tags are now respected in captions and labels on the mobile layout
      • FIXED: After the next stats update, Special:Nonportableinfoboxes will no longer show broken links
      • FIXED: Improvements have been made to the portability detection behavior, which should reduce instances of portable infoboxes not being detected as such
    • FIXED: We recently fixed a legacy link that was redirecting badly, Special:Top/community
      Loading editor
    • TimmyQuivy wrote: FIXED: `
      ` tags are now respected in captions and labels on the mobile layout

I think you mixed up Markdown with wikitext there. Great to see these fixes to portable infoboxes, though!

Loading editor
    • Nice fixes. Thanks.

Loading editor
    • Yay infobox fixes¬†:D

Loading editor
    • KockaAdmiralac wrote: I think you mixed up Markdown with wikitext there. Great to see these fixes to portable infoboxes, though!

Fixed.

Loading editor
    • This is great news! What more can I say?¬†:P

Loading editor
    • Out of curiosity, where might one find a more explicit list of changes? This happened to break some of the nice quality of life things over on the Aigis game wiki; what I noticed immediately was that some of our javascript-implemented things like countdowns and stuff in the right rail aren't working today, along with a method of links that was used to switch image galleries while remaining on a single page.

Loading editor
    • ValkyrieWiki wrote:
      Out of curiosity, where might one find a more explicit list of changes? This happened to break some of the nice quality of life things over on the Aigis game wiki; what I noticed immediately was that some of our javascript-implemented things like countdowns and stuff in the right rail aren't working today, along with a method of links that was used to switch image galleries while remaining on a single page.

This didn't appear to have anything to do with this Technical Update. Looks like it was caused by a badly cached JS page. I edited MediaWiki:ImportJS to force an update and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Loading editor
    • Best fix was the title.

Loading editor
    • Big thanks for fixing these bugs, on behalf of Dev Wiki! (Which was affected by some of them.) Portable infobox detection is another huge bonus!

Loading editor
    • Finally.

Loading editor
    • O_o Thank you very much Rappy! I definitely jumped to conclusions when I noticed an update coinciding with the observed change.

Thanks to the rest of the staff for all of the other fixes they've been implementing ^_^

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message