FANDOM

• I always have a tendency to not preview before I post, and I'm trying to break that habit by hiding the Publish button unless I press "Preview" first. I know the ID of the regular Publish button is wpSave and I could use the following code to hide it:
    #wpSave
    {
    visibility:hidden;
    }

But I'm not sure if this would hide the Publish button on the Preview page.

Loading editor
    • I took a quick look at the css and it shouldn't remove it on the preview page. On the preview of the page it is this.

#publish
        Loading editor
    • Works like a charm! I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't lock myself out of the wiki. Thanks!

Loading editor
    • P.S. If you did for some reason write CSS that prevented yourself from editing, you can delete the stylesheet in your browser to allow you to edit again to fix the problem. What you would do is open your developer tools (e.g. right-click anywhere on the page and choose Inspect element) and look for the following HTML in the document:

<head>
        <!-- CSS injected by extensions -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" ...>

One of the link tags has a URL that ends with "/user" -- that one contains your personal /global.css and local /wikia.css etc. If you delete it, your browser won't render those styles (of course, it'll come back again when you reload the webpage). But this is one way you could recover from a case where you accidentally write CSS that prevents you from using Wikia. Just delete the stylesheet and then you'd be able to edit your /global.css to fix the problem.

Loading editor
    • Thanks!

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message