FANDOM

• Is there a way to view what Message Wall and Forum posts and replies a user has deleted? These deletions do not seem to appear in the Contributions page or in the deletions log.

Loading editor
    • Forum: Go to original post -> Click More -> History -> You see something like "User1 removed User2's reply #23" -> Go back to original thread -> In the URL you see Thread:717789, add the number to it, ie Thread:717789#23 -> Enter and you can see the post without restoring it. (I'm pretty sure there is a script to make this easier.)

Message Wall: WallGreetingButton is the way to go.

Edit: Sorry, I misread your question. The above assumes you know where they deleted posts (or you can just look for them).

Loading editor
    • Yeah, I knew about the history, but I was wondering if, say, a user has a history of deleting other people's comments, if you could find what they deleted.

Loading editor
    • I thought I remembered seeing something about this, but I don't think it's possible (I could be wrong). The best I can say is patrol the threads and issue a block if the deleting gets out of hand. In the meanwhile I found the script to see what forum thread posts have been deleted faster when you see them:¬†Thread Inspection. There has been¬†indication by Staff that more control over the removal of posts is likely to appear in the future.

Loading editor
    • Awesome! Thank you!

Side note: why are users allowed to remove others' posts in the first place?

Loading editor
    • The only rationale I can think of is to allow users to remove irrelevant or posts they make by mistake, but I've only seen this abused once before.

Loading editor
    • Now, you go onto their wall, click the timestamp of the removed comment, say 13:50, August 6, 2017, and it'll show, whether it was removed or not! For anyone googling how to view and they cant find out how. Like me..

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message