FANDOM

• Dunnoob
    Dunnoob closed this thread because:
    Issue resolved
    17:50, October 23, 2017

There's no need to clean up profiles. This wiki doesn't really care about redlinks or broken categories. If Wikia wants to clean it up, they'll do it.

Loading editor
    • The Template:User:DARTH SIDIOUS 2 claimed to be unused. It shows up in Category:Noindexed_pages and Category:Interwiki_templates, therefore I added a "speedy" (for the allegedly unused template). Too late I found that the user page actually used the template as {{w:User:DARTH SIDIOUS 2}}. Therefore I had to substitute the old version of the template, and then to restore the deletion suggestion. Shared templates are weird.

Loading editor
    • It's not a problem if a template is unused. No need for cleanup on our end.

Loading editor
    • The categories are wrong, and deleting a really unused template is faster than fixing the categories. But really can't be determined here, I forgot that.

Loading editor
    • This wiki is full of unused stuff, incorrect categories, trash. If the admins and/or staff want to clean it up, they can do that. Or, they don't care what's shoved under the rug.

Loading editor
    • The admins here tend to be busy with fixing broken links caused by their deletion or blanking of correct help pages for Monobook, Oasis, etc. <shrug />

Loading editor
    • Special:WhatLinksHere only shows links to a page (which includes transclusions) on the wiki you are viewing the page from. The point of the interwiki templates category is to note that the template is used on other wikis, such as here, and should not be deleted.

The what links here page did not know it was being used on his community central profile because the transclusion was done in an interwiki format.

Loading editor
    • Moonrise4 wrote: The what links here page did not know it was being used on his community central profile because the transclusion was done in an interwiki format.

Yes, that's the best summary. At the moment your attempt to restore the old state doesn't work for me, I get a template loop detected on DARTH SIDIOUS 2, maybe it needs a null edit somewhere.

Loading editor
    • Interesting, the template loop wasn't there when I originally published it. I guess this is the claimed "self transclusion" from Template:Interwiki_template at work.

Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message