FANDOM

• WTF? How other people made that?

Btw: sorry for bad english 
    Nesamone

I want to make them too!

Loading editor
    • You can only do this if you are an admin, I think. Also which wiki did you see this at?

Loading editor
    • www.thefutureofeuropes.wikia.com

Loading editor
    • But they're not admins

Loading editor
    • See w:c:thefutureofeuropes:MediaWiki:Wikia.css. An admin needed to set this up, because only admins can edit this page.

Loading editor
    • J

Loading editor
    • damn it

Loading editor
    • Yeah, there's a similar thing done on the Austin & Ally Wiki, which the admins did, sometimes with images.

Loading editor
    • I'm admin at the spanish version of that wiki, how can I add that?

Loading editor
    • You shouldn't necropost a post that's over two years old. Regardless, I use this code:

.comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote:after {
         border-color: transparent #000000 #000000 transparent !important;
      }
      .comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote div {
         background: transparent  !important;
      }
      .comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote {color:<color> !important;}
        Loading editor
    • Annabeth and Percy wrote: You shouldn't necropost a post that's over two years old. Regardless, I use this code:

.comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote:after {
         border-color: transparent #000000 #000000 transparent !important;
      }
      .comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote div {
         background: transparent  !important;
      }
      .comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote {color:<color> !important;}

If you are adding to a wiki that already has this, sure, go with what is already done. However, in my opinion, others should consider changing the selector so as not to require !important. For example:

.comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote.speech-bubble-message:after {
         border-color: transparent #000000 #000000 transparent;
      }
      .comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote.speech-bubble-message div {
         background: transparent;
      }
      ul.comments li[data-user="<username>"] blockquote.speech-bubble-message {color:<color>;}

Why? Because using !important basically gives the CSS the highest possible priority level when it isn't needed. The side effect is that only other CSS with !important can override it; including personal CSS.

Loading editor
    • In the wiki, Wikia.css is dmpty, it gives me the option to create it, do I need to use some starter code?

http://es.elfuturodeeuropa.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Wikia.css

Loading editor
    • No; but you may want to use MediaWiki:Common.css instead so that the comment coloring will apply to all skins, not just the default desktop skin.

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message